♡ socially anxious reader x robin

this is a request! robin x socially anxious/quiet reader:)

robin was always really outgoing with everyone she met. she would be slightly awkward and ramble for too long, but she could at least talk to people. you and robin had been best friends since freshman year, when you met in band, and you started dating sophomore year. you were the only other person who played the french horn, so she decided to go up to you that day freshman year and talk to you.

(flashback😭)

(okay im not in band so idk how this works please bare with me)

it was during band camp before freshman year, and everyone was getting their instruments for the upcoming school year. you had just moved here from out of town and played the french horn at your middle school so you decided to stick with it. robin saw that you played the same instrument as her, and she was very shocked to say the least.

robin walked up to you awkwardly and said something, but you couldn't quite understand it. it didn't sound like english. is she even talking to me? you slowly look at her and as if it was on que, you both blushed a little bit. your nerves starting to set in and you had to work up to say "what?" while staring at your instrument that is resting on your lap.

"i asked if you spoke french! it was sort of a joke, i didn't expect you to speak french but you are a fellow horn player after all which is always nice! we should totally hang out after this, or something. if you want!" she rambles to you

"oh, sure" and you are full on SCARED now but a little bit relieved that she wasn't weirded out that you barely said anything? she even sits next to you for the rest of the day (mostly because you play the same instrument) but even when you got a break she still stuck close by you, even though you barely said anything, she kept you company and would ramble to you the whole time. it felt nice.

(OKAY end of flashback)

flash forward to junior year and you had been dating robin for 1 year now. it felt amazing. her love was the kind that feels, what do they call it? unconditional. she knows about your anxiety and she is very gentle with the way she introduces you to people. by this point, you are pretty comfortable around robin and talk a lot more to her and she adores it. she knows you don't open up to many people and she feels honored that she could be one of those people.

currently, you were lying in bed thinking about your perfect, caring, and understanding girlfriend. then you hear the phone ring. that's another thing that scares the ever loving shit out of you. talking on the phone is a nightmare. you told robin that if she called and you didn't answer the first time, to call again so you'd know it was her. and sure enough, the phone rang a second time. you got excited to talk to her so you picked up the phone.

"(y/n!!!) hi!!" she greets you cutely

"hi robs! what's up?"

"nothing much. well, actually. i have a bit of a situation. so, i know that you don't really like talking to other people, but it's just that i wanted to...sorta..kinda..introduce you to my best friend. and before you say anything i know!! steve harrington of all people is probably the worst or most intimidating but honestly, he's very different now and..he even knows about...me and he hasn't said a word to anyone! what do you think? i'll take you out to ice cream right before and we can come to my place after and have a movie night!" she rambles for a while, asking you if you wanted to meet steve.

"i dont know love..what would we be doing?" you reply

"i thought we could go see a movie! there is minimal talking since we'll all be focused on the movie and you get to hold my hand the whole time!" she sounds so excited. you can't let her down.