♡ sleepy robin x reader:)

note: reader will be referred to as female!

robin is all sleepy and clingy
and all she wants is to cuddle with her favorite girl:(

you and robin are currently in the basement of steves house, having your weekly movie marathon with your friends steve, nancy, eddie, jonathan, and argyle. steve and eddie are sitting together on the floor while nancy and argyle are sat on either side of jonathan on a particularly long couch. you and robin and tangled together in the loveseat next to the other couch.

you are currently hooked on the movie, but you get distracted when you notice that the girl laying on your chest has a slight pout formed on her lips. robin is not paying attention to the movie, but rather paying attention to toying with your fingers and tracing the patterns on the blanket covering the both of you to try and keep herself awake.

"robs, honey, you okay?" you whisper to her. her eyes light up when you give her your attention as she turns to face you. "mhm" she hums in response. "okay, just making sure. im gonna go grab another soda do you want anything my love?" you ask her quietly, not wanting to talk over the movie.

"mm..don't leave me" she whines as she squeezes you closer before you get the chance to stand up. "robbie, baby, im just going to the kitchen i'll be back before you know it!" you protest softly, still careful to not disrupt the movie.

"but..i don't want you to go" she whines again and you already know that once sleepy robin takes over, you're not going anywhere until she's had her full beauty sleep. you sigh slightly, nodding, before asking eddie if he can go grab a sprite for you really quick. he gave you a questioning look before looking down and seeing robins eyes fluttering closed before snapping wide open a second later, trying her hardest to stay awake for you. he giggles and nods in understanding and you sigh in relief. he comes back with the soda and some more snacks for the rest of the gang.

"you owe me" he whispers to you. you mouth a very grateful thank you to him.

the movie ends, and nancy was about to go on about how the next one is even better than the one you just watched, but you notice that robin is still fighting sleep. you decide to take her home and get her to bed. she's had such a long week, and you know this. between work, school, AND band, she's exhausted. but she still makes time for you and her friends and you admire her so much for it.

you start attempting to free yourself from robins grasp, simultaneously preparing your departure speech. "hey, guys, im so sorry to do this, but im gonna take robin home. she's half asleep and i want her to get a good nights rest." you tell the group.

"that's no problem (y/n)!" nancy says. "yeah, man, i just hope that girl of yours lets you stand up" argyle says playfully. the rest of the group laughs softly, trying to keep quiet. once free from her grasp, you gently shake her, trying to get her to wake up. "robs, baby, my love, lets get going, yeah?"

"five more minutesss (y/n)" she whines, dragging out the words. you sigh, and start again. you get closer to her while the group is distracted with the next movie. you whisper in her ear "come on lovey, lets get you home so i can read to you while we fall asleep together, yeah?"

her eyes crack open halfway at this. "you raise a great proposition. you have a deal." she mumbles before slowly sliding her face from your chest to your neck, planting a few soft kisses, before turning to your lips to kiss those too. you return the kiss in a short but sweet peck before pushing her away softly and offering her your hand. she takes it and you both say your goodbyes to your friends before getting into the car and making your way to her house.

once outside robins house, you let her know you're there and open the car door for her. she steps out and slowly stomps her way to the front door, whining and complaining the whole way about how tired she is. she opens the door and once you both enter, she makes a beeline for her room, expecting you to follow. instead, you grab some cold water for her, because you know it helps her sleep.

you make your way upstairs and she makes a happy noise once she sees you enter her room. she's already under the blankets, waiting for you. "i brought you some water baby!" you say, placing it down on her nightstand. "and..what book do you want tonight, love?" you ask her, now standing in front of her bookshelf, skimming over the covers of her collection.

"mm..anything baby, please just come hold me now" she says with another pout and puppy dog eyes. her arms are stretched out for you, so you grab a random book and join her in bed.

robin immediately snatches you back up into her grasp, making quick work of burying her face into your neck. you chuckle softly at her clinginess while wrapping an arm around her. "what?" she asks. you can hear and feel her smile against your neck while she says it. "nothing, you're just cute when you're like this" you answer with a dopey grin on your face. you can already tell when she's blushing, because she nuzzles deeper into your neck and giggles while kicking her feet around in the air.

you admire the adorable girl in your arms for a little longer. "im so proud of you, robs. i know you work so hard every day, and i wish you knew how much it means to me that you still make time for me." you whisper to her, lifting her face gently with your hand on her cheek, making her look you in the eyes. she tears up at this, partly from the exhaustion, and partly from the weight of your words that just knocked down the wall she built around her emotions.

"oh, honey, no no no, im so sorry, did i say something wrong?" you ask as soon as you notice her glossy eyes and pout. she sniffles slightly against your chest before lifting her head slightly to look at you. "no no my sweet girl." she cups your cheek and looks down slightly "it's the opposite actually. i don't even know why im crying, im just tired. of everything. you know how it is. it's just been a while since someone has told me..that" she says between soft sobs.

"im so sorry baby" you squeeze her tighter and rub circles into her back. "i'll make sure i tell you more often how amazing you are." you peck her forehead "how beautiful you are" you peck her nose "and how proud i am of you, every single day" you say before pecking her lips sweetly. that beautiful smile finally returns to her face and she looks up at you like you just cured every disease on the planet.

you cup her cheek as well, wiping her tears with your thumb. "i love you more than you'll ever know" you whisper to her, voice filled with pure love and admiration.

"i think i do know." she says, and even though she's tired, there's a certain emotion behind the way she says it. like she really does know the extent that you love her, with the way you hold her, comfort her, and listen to anything and everything she has to say. even if it's just pointless rambles, you listen to every word. you take care of her, and she does you. that's all that either of you need to know, is each other.

"so..about that book.." she says, finally resting her head back against your chest, tangling her legs with yours. she's clinging to you like a koala bear and it's the sweetest thing ever to you. "oh right! i forgot" you say as you both giggle at how you got so invested in the sweet moment. you peck her forehead again before starting to read the book to her.

her eyes flutter shut almost instantaneously at the sound of your voice lulling her to her much needed sleep. once you realize she's asleep, you put the book on the nightstand and hold her closer to you.

"i love you, pretty girl" you whisper, not wanting to wake her.

she mumbles something that sounds like an "i love you too" you giggle softly and press just one more soft kiss to her forehead before letting yourself drift off with her.

A/N: RAAUAUGGHHHHH SLEEPY CLINGY ROBI GIVES ME BUTTERFLIES  I LOVE HER SO SO MUCH!!! i hope you all liked this and im sorry for the lack of updates!! i promise i didn't abandon this book, just had a mini writers block. send in some requests if you'd like, and i'll see you all in my next update! :D