Bang Bang

"I'm sorry. Chris is what?" I ask, panicking.

"Chris is in love with you. Has been, for a while. I'd say since he spilt your coffee on you but he'd deny it." Scott says.

My head starts to spin. "No, Chris is not in love with me. We're friends. Good friends."

"Hate to break this to you, since this really should come from him, but he doesn't buy dogs for just anyone. Or blow off our dad on Christmas for just anyone." I can't deal with this right now. I jump out of Scott's car and run to my door, locking it and sliding down to the floor.

I hear Moose crying from his crate, and I rush to let him out. He didn't have any accidents and after I let him back in, I reward him with a treat, which he happily accepts. I slowly make my way upstairs, Moose following at my heels.

I shed my dress and throw on a shirt I had stolen from Chris the one time I had stayed over at his house. "Don't look at me like that." I tell Moose as he looks at me from the bed. "It's not that I don't want him to like me. I just... I can't."

"I'm glad you can talk it out to Moose and not me." I hear from the door and I jump a foot in the air.

"Jesus, Chris! A little warning next time, please." He looks at me sheepishly. "What are you doing here?"

"You left."

"Wasn't exactly feeling welcomed."

"What?"

"You left me alone Chris. At a party where I didn't know anyone. How long did it take for you to realize I wasn't inside anymore?" He looks down, ashamed. "Exactly. And I'm not even completely blaming you. Tara made sure that I wasn't able to get into the conversation."

"What?"

"Did you seriously not notice? She said barely 2 words to me and then proceeded to keep you busy all night. I'm not expecting you to constantly hold my hand but come on. That was shitty of her and you know it."

"She's just not used to having to share me."

"And that makes it all ok? She's married, it's a little weird at this point."

"Just because you don't understand our relationship, doesn't make it weird!"

"The fact that you called it a relationship should tell you something!" I take a deep breath. "It doesn't matter."

"It matters to me." I don't respond to him, instead I move about the room cleaning. "You can't ignore me Lexi, and expect me to go away." When I still don't respond, he slams his hand down on the dresser. "Damn it Lexi!" I jump and back up, a look of pure fear covering my face. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that."

"I think you need to leave."

"What?"

"I can't do this with you anymore Chris. Feelings just make everything more complicated. Maybe in some other reality my love for you wouldn't taint you, but in this one, it'll destroy you. Just like it did everything else I love."

"What did you say?" He asks, his eyes going wide.

I panic, realizing what I just revealed. It was hanging in the air, suffocating the room like a pungent smell. Before I could come to grips with what he was saying, he had crossed the room and crashed his lips into mine.

God he felt like heaven. I wasn't sure what I had done in my life to deserve someone like him just walking in and shaking everything up, but I'd thank every star for him.

I wasn't aware he was backing us up to my bed until my knees came into contact with it and I fell backwards. Trying my best not to break contact I scooted up the bed laying back as I reached the head of it.

He lifted his shirt from my body, leaving me bare chested in front of him. If I hadn't been so unsure of myself I would've laughed as he groaned at the sight and I felt him hardened length against my leg.

I push his jeans and boxers off his hips and he wriggles the rest of the way out of them, kicking them off in a random direction. My eyes go wide at the size of him and I look up in enough time to catch his cocky smirk.

We both moan out as he takes one of my legs, hooks it around his hip, and thrusts inside me, quickly setting a tantalizing pace. I feel every inch as he sinks back into my quivering heat, again and again. My inner walls grow tighter and tighter and I can feel him twitch inside of me. He presses down gently on my lower abdomen and swivels his hips a little and I'm undone.

I see stars shoot across my eyelids and there's a roaring in my ears as I come back down to earth. I feel Chris flop down on the bed next to me, the only sound filling the room is that of our heavy breathing. "Wow..." he breaths out.

Wow, indeed.