The School

After finishing our books we were getting ready to leave, but then our school's emergency alarm went off! Caught off guard, we ran towards the door that led to the stairs, until we noticed that the floor was falling from beneath our feet. Horrified, all of us ran towards the second staircase just to see more of our friends struggling to open the door. The group was of two classmates of mine. The first person in the group who had medium length brown hair, brown eyes and a red hoodie quickly said that the door was jammed. Recognizing her I screamed, "Are you sure, Julia?" Once everyone looked at the door, I noticed a third boy from my class (Julia's twin by the name of Brandon) frantically trying to open the door. The seven of us pulled as hard as we could until the other girl named Charlotte (who had long brown hair with purple ends) started screaming, "THE FLOOR IS GONNA BREAK UNDER US IF WE DON'T HURRY UP!" That scary fact motivated us to try harder when just in the nick of time the door flew open. All of us burst into a sprint and didn't stop running until we all got outside. As soon as we stopped running Charlotte fainted, which at this point didn't surprise me. After everyone's parents were called about the incident, all of them went home except for me, Arya, Maddie, and Sydney. After a few minutes of lying down on the ground, someone's phone rang. "Oops, that's mine, one sec," Sydney said while getting her phone from her pocket. When she hung up the phone she started saying goodbye to everyone. Right after she left, Maddie had to go too, so after our goodbye's, she left. "Why do bad things keep happening to the both of us?" I asked, astill trying to comprehend what happened. All I got from Arya was, "I'm not sure, but I don't understand how this happened."