Restless (NR)

A/n: Requested

You were in your bed trying to sleep, keyword trying, you couldn't because the person next door wouldn't stop moving in their bed. After the hundredth of time you hear movement, you sigh getting up.

You softly knock on the door knowing that the redhead was awake. "What ?" Natasha said coldly.

"Are you okay?" You asked worry. Nat and you were that close, she was more your mentor than anything else. Only talking to you at training or when she needed to teach you something. It was like she was scared to talk to you more because when you're having panic attacks she would be there to calm you down. "Fine. Goodnight Y/l/n." The redhead answered closing the door.

"I know you can't sleep, you're restless and your bed won't stop moving against the wall." You explained putting your foot on the doorway to block the door from closing. "Sorry I'll move my bed."

"It's not the problem. I-I just want to help you. You normally can sleep." You said awkwardly which make her sigh rubbing her face. She opens the door more for you to come in. You hesitantly step in, it was the first time she let anyone but Clint come in.

You weren't ready for her to almost jump on you kissing you roughly. It takes you a moment to pull away frowning. "Wait- Nat. No." You said firmly when she tried to come back, she stops in her track looking angry.

"What? Didn't you say you wanted to help? I have some pent-up energy. I know how you look at me We can both have what we want. I can have a good fuck and you can brag that you were fucked by me." Natasha explained in a calculated tone. She smirks when your face falls a bit.

"What you thought I cared about you?" She chuckled pinching your cheeks like you were a baby, you slap her hand away glaring at her. "What was it uh? Daddy beat you while mommy watched drinking her sorrow away. You have abandonment issues? Always wanting someone's attention." She said in a fake sweet voice.

"Fuck you, Romanoff. I just wanted to help. You don't need to be a bitch about it." You spat pushing her away you walk away towards the door. "You know what? I know you care and when you're tired of lying to yourself I'll be there." You turn around looking at her one last time before you grab the doorknob, opening the door slightly a hand comes and shuts it back directly.

"I'm sorry." You sigh putting your forehead on the door knowing that she doesn't say sorry to anyone. "You can't keep hurting people when you pull your walls back up."

"I know, I know I'm sorry. Can you look at me?" she asked but you shake your head not ready to do it. You know that the second you do you won't be angry at her anymore and would forgive her instantly. "Please." She had in a pleading tone making all your resolve fly away.

She looks so fragile even though she's blocking you against the door with her arm next to your head. "In the Red Room, where I grow up, every time we got close to someone they would. Uhm they would make us fight against each other. The loser would die and the winner would become a murderer once again." She explained her voice's full of hurt.

"I-I don't want to kill you." She exhaled a silent tear slipping from her eye. You pull her against you and she doesn't resist this time, dropping all her weight against you. "You won't Natasha. You're not there anymore. You don't have to kill anyone if you get closer to them, you know that you got close to Clint and his family what's different with me?"

"I care about this." She explained her hand on your heart, you melt at the act smiling sadly. "I care about this too." For anyone outside, it wouldn't make any sense but for you two it does.

"Something else is haunting you, what it is ?" You asked curiously. She pulls away, her hand slipping from your chest to your hand she leads you to her bed and you both sit down on it. "When we were sleeping they would handcuff one of our hands to the bed. I usually wait for everyone to be asleep to go to the weapon's storage and take a pair of handcuffs. But Steve took them all for his mission. I can't sleep without them, I just can't."

"Okay, Do you trust me ?" You asked Natasha which she nods in answer immediately. You get up and leave her room for a minute. When you come back she looks frightened staring at the door intensely. "I'm back with Poppy."

"What's this?" The redhead asked a playful smile on her face now that you were back. "Woman don't talk about Poppy like that. It's my comfort plushie, she's as old as I am and I never sleep without her. I thought you could give it a try." You pouted the plushie hiding your face.

"Fine, I'll try. Stop pouting." She chuckled while you skipped toward her. You got comfortable in her bed waiting for her to join you. "Okay give me your hands."

Facing you she held out her hand in the air thinking that you found something to tie them. "No, here." You place Poppy just under her chin and grip her hand taking them with yours under the cover. "Do you want to turn off the light?" You asked softly, she shakes her head negatively not wanting to be in the dark.

"Okay. Just relax." Your hand slips from hers to her wrist holding them securely. You kiss each of her fingers before looking back up at Natasha. Her eyes were already closed but you could feel her fingers slightly moving to caress your face. "Thank you." She mumbles out.

When you woke up in the morning Natasha was sitting next to you in the bed, one hand holding a book and the other tracing patterns on your stomach absently. "Good morning." She greets you not even looking up from her book.

"Hi." You mumbled back in your sleepy voice. She closes her book giving you all her attention. "How'd you sleep?" You asked nuzzling against your pillow.

"The best I had in forever thanks to Poppy." She chuckles bringing the plushie in front of you. You push it away whining. "I think the only thing I need to sleep now is you." She confesses kissing you. This time it was softer and more meaningful than yesterday's Night.

"I love this idea but I hate it at the same time. I don't want you to need the handcuffs ever again, but I don't want to become them. We'll have to work on that but for now cuddles." You pull her against you ready to fall asleep again. Surprisingly she was the first one asleep you guess she has some catch-up to do.

-
I hope you liked it. Don't hesitate to give me some requests I'll do my best to write them. Also, a lot of you requested a part 2 for Mission. I'm working on it, it's just taking me more time since it's longer.