Sickfic

Request by BaileyNotFoundNot

Theo laid awake at well past midnight, listening to Boris breathe beside him. He'd been acting odd the past few days, slacking on drinking and sleeping more. The older had assured the other he was fine but he wasn't. He was sick but he didn't want anyone to know.

Eventually Boris' soft but harsh breaths lulled Theo to sleep. When he woke up he felt how the sheets were damp and looked over. Boris was sweating like crazy but shivering at the same time. He let out a few whines but seemed to still be asleep.

"Boris? Hey! Wake up!" Theo shouted, Boris groaned and slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes. He pulled the blanket around himself but continued to shiver.

"Are you okay?" Theo asked. Boris nodded meekly and closed his eyes. Theo put his hand on Boris' head, pretending not to notice when the other flinched.

"I think you have a fever. Give me a sec." Theo got off the bed and was about to leave when Boris grabbed his shirt. "Don't go." He said, his voice sounding hoarse.

"I'll just be a minute." Boris looked down and let go of his friend's shirt, letting him walk off.

Theo quickly grabbed the thermometer in the cabinet and ran back up the stairs to the bedroom. Boris was still sitting there, he was curled up and the blankets covered almost every inch of him except his face.

"C'mere." Theo put the thermometer in Boris' mouth and waited for the beeping. When it did he pulled it out of his mouth.

101.3 it read. Low grade fever. Just then Theo realized his dad and Xandra wouldn't be back for a couple days, meaning he has to take care of him. He let out an agitated sigh and sat down next to Boris.

"You should lay down and get some sleep." Theo suggested

"Can't."

" Why? "

" Hurts. " Boris huffed.

" What hurts? "

" Everything. "

" That doesn't help. "

" Yes it does, everything hurts. "

Theo huffed loudly. " Just lay down. " Boris complied and pulled the covers over his face, blocking out the light.

After a few minutes Boris was dead to the world.

Theo woke him up for short periods of time to take his temperature