•10•

Steve watched as Robin chewed her nails while deep in thought.she had been distressed and in thought all day, steve oblivious to what could cause her entire mind to be entertained during the day.

He set some movies in front of her to put up on shelves, startling her with a small yelp escaping her.

“God, what is up with you today?” Steve asked.

“How do i ask vickie to be my date to homecoming?” She asked immediately.

“You just ask her?” He replied, thinking about how strange it was they weren't dating yet. Robin rolled her eyes.

“Ok, dingus, let me remind you of something; I can't just ask her like how you can just ask Eddie, ok? Because while you are basically letting Eddie hit 3rd base, me and vickie are still just friends, yeah? And-and either way i don't have the confidence to ask her. My ego would hit the floor if I was rejected!” Steve covered his purple-tattered neck and blushed, looking off into the store. 

“Robin, it's really not as difficult as you think- ok?” Steve said, sighing. Yet she was still distraught with the half-hearted reassurance, so she decided to let the topic rest in her mind for the night.

“WHy don't you ask her on a date, first?” Steve suggested, offering advice to robin.

“Ok, yeah. Yeah, I could-i could do that.” Robin replied, staring off into the nothingness beyond the glass with a slight nod of confidence.

“Yeah?” Steve asked again, 

“Yeah!” she said. “But how?”

“Cmon rob, you're smart- figure it out.” Steve replied. “But please don't do a cliche date.”

“Well-what? Should i take her to the movies?”

“THats a cliche!” Steve said.

“Then what should i do, mr. i-go-out-with-women-constantly?” Robin replied.

“First off- i have a boyfriend in case you needed the reminder. And 2, I've gone on many dates! I am the one you should come to for relationship and dating advice!” Steve noticed how easily the word ‘boyfriend’ slipped past his lips, smiling when he realized he slowly became more comfortable with himself.

“Yws, im very aware, you two are the most coupley- lovey-dovey type ive seen when you're alone.” Robin said, shoving movies into shelves carelessly. “And why you?”

“Hmm, im gay, so i have somewhat of an upperhand in that department, and also because ive dated lots of girls, meaning i know how to charm anyone and everyone.” Robin glared at him skeptically.

“Obviously not me.” Steve rolled his eyes.

“You're a lesbo robin, thats why!” Robin finally gave in.

“Fine, steve. How about you run me on how to ask someone out, hm?” Robin replied, leaning against the counter.

And he did. He ran her through dating 101. Basically gave her the complete guide for first dates, explained the dos and don'ts, yes and no, and everything else needed. And Robin had the best plan.

“Steve, don't show up for work tomorrow.” Robin said. Steve looked at her.

“Rob, i can't take another paycheck cut from a missing shift- i need the money with homecoming coming up!-” Robin shut him up.

“I'll clock you in, I'll say you were here. We don't have cameras, how will they know?” Steve slowly rolled his eyes.

“Fine.” Steve replied, sighing. He supposed he could use the day to hang out with his wonderful boyfriend or something.

Meanwhile , with the wonderful boyfriend in question, he was walking through the woods behind his house, he'd known his way back so getting lost wasn't an issue. Dustin still doubted him as they strolled deeper and deeper between the trees. Dustin gripped the walkie talkie in his hand with uncertainty.

“Where are we going, eddie?” Dustin asked, and Eddie smiled.

“Hm, I'm not sure myself. We're just walking for now, looking for something cool, yeah?”  Eddie replied, looking up at the trees.

“You couldn't have taken- steve or something?” Dustin replied, sentence breaking when he got tripped up by a tree root.

“No, actually Henderson, I couldn't. He's at work. Plus, it's been a while since we hung out by ourselves, yknow? I thought you liked the outdoors anyway dude?” Eddie continued, sighing and sitting against a tree. Dustin sighed.

“Yeah- sorry.” He said.

“Cmon, what's wrong?” Eddie asked.

“Listen like- you and Steve are great, yeah?” Eddie nodded. “I just think it's so annoying that like- lucas has max, mike has el or will or whoever in the byers family he’s dating! And like Mike and- they're still long distance but they visit each other.” Dustin continued,  sighing. “But my girlfriend- her parents hate me, basically. And the only way I can see her is if I go to the science camp again and y’know I was kinda planning on staying here for a while?”

“Whoa whoa whoa, why do her parents hate you?” Eddie asked, chuckling.

“They're mormons.” Dustin replied simply, and Eddie stifled his laughter. “But it's just annoying! Why can't I see my girlfriend and spend quality time with her when she lives in Utah and can't visit?”

“I dunno, I just find it funny you're dating a mormon.” Eddie replied, laughing to himself.

“How high are you right now?” Dustin asked.

“Too high for this entire conversation.” He replied, and Dustin sighed with a smile.