•15•

Steve awoke with the smell of eggo waffles from a toaster and coffee, which was presented in front of him on a plate and in a cup. He was confused- but happily accepted it. Eddie was like a ghost as he zipped around, not speaking a word or even acknowledging his existence. 

The smell of weed was also present in the house, not that it was much different then usual. Eddie tried to seem busy as he began washing the dishes as if he didnt want Steve to apologize too soon. Actually, he really wished Steve would apologize, and for what exactly? Eddie wasn't sure. Eddie knew he was the one that needed to apologize out of the pair.

In all reality, he felt like shit. Yes, surprisingly Max was right. Steve was beating himself up over it, wallowing in his own sadness and anger all night, even subconsciously as he slept. He thought that when people slept on things it typically got better, but the inner turmoil just kept rolling downhill. 

The day was mild, to put it simply. Steve was numb when he arrived late to school and he and Eddie didn't speak to each other in history, math, lunch or chemistry.work was the same, although it seemed the day dragged on longer than usual.

Eddie was home all day afterschool, giving him time to marinate his feelings as he watched stupid movies like the breakfast club, sixteen candles, pretty in pink, and grease 1 and 2. He felt the need to fill the void of silence with movies or music, because if he didn't he would hear the voices. The ones who told him what a terrible boyfriend he was, who told him he was a brat who didn't deserve steve.

Speaking of the devil, Steve walked through the door and huffed as he threw himself onto the couch next to eddie. Eddie nearly asked what was wrong, but reminded himself he was supposed to be mad, angry at steve. It was dark out, and the thunder had started almost as soon as Steve walked in the door.

His day was terrible without Eddie, and at this point he didn't need words, he just needed comfort. Eddie stared at Steve with doe eyes as Steve felt tears prick his eyes. He didn't care about all that had happened the few days prior, as he dove onto Eddie and pulled him into a hug with a sob. Eddie was caught off guard, slowly hugging Steve back. He felt a warmth fill him from within as he closed his eyes, sighing softly. Steve buried his face in eddies shirt, he didnt care about looking dumb or being a baby. All he wanted was Eddie back. Slowly his tears began to wet Eddie's shirt, as Eddie played with his hair and cooed soft nothings in his ears.

“I’m so sorry.” Eddie says, barely above a whisper. “Steve.. You are enough, you are more than enough.” Steve looked up with him, his nose red and eyes puffy. He had a small quiver in his lip as Eddie wiped his eyes of tears.

“Your words hurt me.” Steve states softly. “But what hurt worse was the way you worded it.” Steve buried his face again.

“I'm sorry.” Eddie said again. “I'm so sorry that I did what I did. I was just so tired and exhausted.. And I just wanted you to be quiet. Baby you are absolutely enough for me, you are more than I could ever ask for, all I could ever need, and my everything.” he continued, his voice now just a whisper as a tear of his own scaled down his face. “Steve, you know I love you, and yet you continue to say things that hurt us.”

“You- you love me?” Steve said softly, as eddie blushed,

“More than I've ever loved someone in my entire life.” he replied, cupping Steve's face in his hands.

“I love you too.” Steve said, pulling Eddie into a kiss. Iit lasted no longer then it started, but Steve knew it meant more than what words could say.

And finally, Eddie smiled. It was soft, and Steve didn't know what for.

“You're the biggest softie I know, stevie.”

“Seriously, stevie?”