{Prologue - Curiosity}

{Wallace's POV}

A calm and soothing afternoon in Sootopolis City, the sights were simply splendid. Light clouds, the scent of the ocean, the townsfolk passing by, and even the Pokemon deep below the sea, swimming freely to their own heart's content. I had nothing else to do, except of course, stay at home with my niece, Lisia. She had been really getting into fairytales lately, especially the tales with kingdoms and curses. Of course, I love playing along with her little fantasies and pretend plays, it's quite fun honestly, and I admire those stories too. 

"Uncle Wallace! Can we play princesses again?" She called from my room.

"Ah, sure, Just give me a second!"

I simply walked right over to the other room, seeing her running around with her Skitty plush. I know that she's 14, but I'll still accept this little side of hers, letting that moment of nostalgia run through me, seeing such a passionate smile like the one she has whenever she performs..

"Alright, I'm here now, so which fairytale are we acting now?"

"Well, can we do the one with a curse?"

"A curse? My, I couldn't remember which one has that." I laughed afterwards. Who knows where she finds these? 

"It's this one, over here!" She pointed at the book. I looked over, with the page title saying 'Sleeping Beauty'. "Sleeping Beauty, huh? Well, wonder how that'll play out." I thought, as I picked up the book from my niece's hands, and flipped the pages, my eyes scanning the words, and looking at the imagery, with the last one showing a princess bedridden, in her quarters asleep, along with a prince beside her.

"Oh, that's quite an interesting one. But, I'm not really fond of being the one with a curse, as it can affect someone deeply." I explained to her, to which she looked at me with a confused expression. 

"But, I don't really understand how a curse works, Uncle Wall!" She exclaimed.

"Well.. sometimes a curse is a dangerous one, and you might not even know it." I gave her a pat on the head, ruffling her soft turquoise bangs. 

After that, she seemed pretty tired, so I simply let her rest in her own room, along with her fluffy bird pokemon Altaria, nicknamed Ali, cuddling close to their trainer.  After cleaning and rearranging a lot of things, specifically my books about fairytales, my eye still caught the attention of that story.. the one Lisia was so eager to discuss about, Sleeping Beauty. I couldn't help but take it out of the bookshelf and read on my comfy bed, close to my dearest pokemon, Milotic.

"Curiosity has gotten the better of me these past days, getting closer to someone I wanted to know, maybe like this certain character here, despite their struggles.." I whispered to myself, as I felt myself doze off.