{Chapter 10} The Secret History

{Wallace's POV}

Now that he knew he was the one with the curse, he told it to the Floettes that took care for him, that delighted him in the cottage, his caretakers... Their reactions were a mix of disbelief and sorrow, as the only way was to go into the kingdom and tell the royals about it as well.

But it wasn't all that easy, he thought. What about Steven? When will he get to see that prince again? Was it only after he's woken up from the century old slumber? No, he might've been dead after that long...

More thoughts overwhelmed him the more he walked towards the castle, Wallace wanted to stop his tracks, and leave everything behind, if he can wake up back to reality, why can it not be that simple?!

By the time he reached the castle gates, he bolted in without hesitation, praying in this moment, everything, every single moment that has happened, will end.
A few glares at cracked stairwells leading to his chamber, worried expressions of the Floettes, until he broke the silence with tears.

"I can't do this anymore.. why was I the one with the curse?" He cried out, his aunties watched with guilt, leaving the room to give time for him.

That was when a wisp appeared, with a rich emerald glow, one that allured Wallace, surrounding the river prince with its flare, swirling around that black coat of his, as he followed it, unaware of the fate that'll happen.

"Come here, Wallace.." the wisp called. He was hypnotized, moving, climbing up the stairwell, feeling the stone walls with his hand, his mind was controlled by some magical force..

By the time the flowering pokemon noticed he wasn't there, there was only one thing that meant.. it was the enchantress's work.

The prince kept walking toward the wisp, trying to reach it, only ending up having more steps, more and more, until finally, that flare sparked near a doorknob. Wallace snapped out of it, noticing he was at the doorstep of an old tower.

"Should I open it..?" He asked himself, with a pause of hesitation.. he knew what was inside that room because he read that book, the fairy tale book, yes that one before. He didn't want this pain, anguish and sorrow, but he feels like he has regret thinking of that. This is now or never, no turning back the pages...

Wallace opened the door, and there, the spindle awaits. "A single prick and this fairy tale dream is an end.." he thought. A swarm of thoughts hit him, the memories of meeting that prince... Steven. If he does this, will he get to meet him again? Is this the one time he'll see him, those steel blue eyes, metallic silver hair, and daunting attitude of his, in a dream..? When will I see-

"Whoops! Sorry about that, river prince!" Zinnia moved his finger to the spindle. His eyes widened, feeling dizzy, collapsing onto the floor, he was no more...

The Floettes rushed to where he was, only to see him lying down, succumbing to the curse, they all cried, in hopes of him coming back, yet there was no response.

The other pokemon from the forest decide to lull the other people of the kingdom to sleep, but on the contrary, Zinnia and Lisia both create sharp thorns surround the kingdom's gates, those who try to get over it will be trapped in some way or another.

Steven notices the chaos and disarray happening from afar, he knew what happened..

"Maybe I should save my prince, right Metagross?"

{A/N: Sorry for taking such a long time to complete this, turns out the school struggles were a wee bit too much, and some account issues, but I'm back, so thanks for your patience!}