{Chapter 11} Fallen Hope

A/N: Hello there! I know it has been a month of inactivity, but I'm back, hope you enjoy the new chapter of Two Princes!

{Steven's POV}

"Metagross, there's something happening in the kingdom." I commanded to ride on top of it, rushing through, as the worries and anxiety sinks in.

"What if he isn't there, and it's all for nothing? No, surely he's there, along with those two enchantresses, Lisia and Zinnia."

Those two were to blame if it will ever happen, both witches have talked to him, hinting about that century old sleep and all, I knew I shouldn't have trusted them the moment I saw them at the ball.

My pokemon called me, signaling that I was here, everyone seemed.. quiet. Silent, even.

But I know, deep inside, that Wallace was being lured into danger.

I ran as fast as my legs can go, bursting forth the castle gates, knowing that other prince, Wallace, is in danger. I have to save him, before that curse takes him, no.. I can't bear thinking of whatever fate Arceus above is going to give him.

Once I slammed the gates, it was left with an empty throne room, with Skarmory, one of my pokemon, directing me to move to one of the higher chambers, maybe they know what was happening.

I ran up the stairway, breathing heavily, using the most of my energy...

I opened the door, and...

. . .

"No, no no no no no... T-this can't be.." I cried out.

His body, lying down, shut eyes, the curse got to him. I was too late. Why, why didn't I rush in earlier, and why did the fate push through, letting it happen earlier?!

I kneeled down, holding Wallace, caressing his face. He wasn't breathing...

He's dead. Prince Wallace, the one I loved, died before I came to catch him.

All I could do was mourn and sob my heart out, my grief and sadness was something I cannot hold on.

"I'm sorry, my dear prince.."