{Chapter 12 - Reality}

After what seemed to be a long journey filed with emotions, visions and magic, Wallace gained consciousness again, but it wasn't from a prince's kiss like how he expected it.

As he opened his eyes, seeing that familiar room of his, with those same pictures of Milotic and other water type pokemon, the satin curtains flowing through the night winds, as the moonlight glows brightly, reflecting the Sootopolian City seas. Every night, he has loved this view, but on this very day, it feels different. He put his hand on his chest realizing what that missing piece was;

 a lover.

 A person who he can talk with on these kind of nights, little rambles of whatever topics that are on their minds, someone to cry to when something wrong happens, maybe even cuddle and kiss them goodnight. Wallace felt alone, silently sobbing.

Milotic, sensing that her trainer had experienced a long dream, did its best to comfort them, clutching the blanket to wipe his tears off.

"Oh.. thank you, my dear Milotic. I know its odd for me to cry on a spectacular night like this but.. I really didn't want that dream to end, ever."

The serpentine pokemon turned its head, wondering why was he even crying in the first place. Wallace tilted his head down, trying to remember what had happened, the faint laughs from the prince, the dance, right down to the last few words he spoke before he woke up.

"Uncle, you're still awake?" Lisia comes in, with her voice filled with concern.

"Oh! Lisia, I didn't know you're up. You can sit here." Wallace moves a bit so her niece can sit down and talk.

"What do you want to talk about tonight?" He waited for a response.

"Have you had any.. 'weird' dreams?" She averted her eyes, the kind when she's thinking hard on contest strategies. her uncle simply laughed for a moment.

"Well, how weird?" 

"Well, like- the incredibly weird ones that don't feel real, like it's the obvious and hidden ones." Lisia exclaimed. Wallace, in return, sent a glance of confusion.

"Sorry Lisia, but I don't get it.." he exhaled for a moment..

"Ok! How about we explain our dreams to each other, maybe we can understand what happened." A glimmer of hope shone through his teal eyes. Wallace nodded.

"Well.. I was in a kingdom, and met a prince in the woods, and it turns out.. I fell in love, with the prince. We met, we talked, we danced, and it turns out, I was cursed." 

"Did the prince save you?"

"No. He wasn't on time, and now, I won't get to see him ever.."

Lisia realized what her uncle went through in that dream. Sure, it was romantic and amazing, but the way the story ended was not like in the books. She wanted to know if this prince was also a real person.

"So, Lisi, what about your dream?" 

"I woke up in some kingdom, they were saying I was a princess, it was really soft and sweet and happy, until I saw someone prick the spindle." She explained.. and Wallace puts his hand on his mouth.

She was the one behind the curse.

"A-ah, well, that was quite a surprising twist, Lisi, but I'm afraid its past midnight now."

"Oh, right! Goodnight uncle!" She smiles, unaware of what he found out, and leaves, closing the door.

There was only silence, the sound of crying and humming left.