{Chapter 4 - Je Te Laisserai De Mots}

{Steven's POV}

"Care for a dance, Prince Wallace?"

"Don't mind if I do, Prince Steven."

The riverside prince got up from the log, and politely bowed. I didn't know he could be so polite, as I bowed to him as well. My chest felt light, maybe because of the fact that I never really danced with anyone else, yet here I am. We stared at each other for a few seconds, as the soft breeze blows, carrying the viridian leaves. 

And in a flash, Wallace put his arm on my waist, and one holding mine. He smiled at me, beaming brightly, I felt nervous, and my eyes shifted to where he put his arms. I tried to follow his steps, which were quick and swift, but eventually I kept up with my pacing.

Soon enough, we were both swaying, like the riverside's calm waves. But just like how the ocean can become wild and dangerous, swallowing the ships in its storms, it soon became faster, both of us spinning, and oddly enough, having fun. It wasn't the movements that kept me going, it was his voice, smooth and polished like the stones that I adore and aspire to collect.

His voice, from the way he sings had enchanted me, like a siren's one, captivating me, just like his illustrious Milotic, I kept spinning, getting lost in his clear and hypnotizing teal eyes,  goodness he makes me feel like I'm drowning. 

How are you doing there?" He called.

"Ah- I'm doing alright.. i-it's just-"

"We can stop if you want." Wallace stopped dancing, and my heart was pounding. 

"W-wait!"

He turned around, noticing my face, panting, and with a worried expression. "You look tired, dear Steven. Maybe we can continue talking here? I'm interested in your tales from your kingdom." A small laugh escaped his lips. 

"Oh my Arceus, he called me dear.. Ohhh my goodness.. he called me that. Great, now what if my pokemon knew.. Good lord Rayquaza I-"

"Psst.. Steven, you still there? Your face is red.."

"Huh? Oh yes, I'm alright Wallace. It's just.. I wanted to continue, if you don't mind. I didn't mean to stop you, it was that I was distracted from your looks and all that... So, maybe.. we can both sit here and talk, if it's you cup of tea."

I sat down on the mossy rock, as I wore my silver coat, shining in the forest's light, listening to him, humming to an elegant song. I swayed my head along to the melody.

"So, about my kingdom.. You should really visit it sometimes. We're holding a ballroom party next week. If you'd consider it.. It's alright if you don't want to attend, we can still dance here, in the forest, like how we always meet up..." I exhaled afterward, as my heartbeat slowed down, finally I said it. 

"Sure, It'll be fun to join another prince there." He chuckled.

"Thanks very much. Meet you there, Wallace."

"Goodbye for now, Steven." He said, as we waved and walked away.

And now, I was alone, Metagross appeared from its pokeball, looking at me, as I stared in it's ruby eyes. "Yes, I have feelings for them, now be quiet, he might still be here.." The metallic creature shifted its eyes to a looming figure in the shadows, covered in chilling mist, as the environment darkened, and the forest pokemon have fled. An alluring woman's voice called to me, as garnet eyes pierced through the shadows, approaching me. She stepped out of the dark woods. A long, dark and sparkly black and red gown, down to her feet, and short onyx hair, along with a crown. 

"Ah, so you've met the river prince, and it seems he's quite fond of you, y'know that?" She smirked, I started to doubt this... person. In an instant, she seemed to be where I was.

"Who are you?" I asked sternly.

"Me? Oh, I'm Zinnia, just an enchantress in these parts.. nothing more, nothing less. You on the other hand, My my! It must be the oh-so elegant Prince Steven Stone of the Hoenn Kingdom!"

"Specifically Rustboro, I-"

"Well.. I'm just here to talk about a certain prince.. the teal-haired one, Wallace, correct?"

"Yes, what about it-"

"Well, I'm just here to give a little message to him, if you can even say it to him.." She kept on giggling, and it's getting on my nerves..

"Here's the thing; that prince that you're so interested with, hate to break it this early but, he's the one with the curse. That's right, the curse that will put him to sleep for about 100 years. It's not like you can save him, or anything." 

My eyes widened when she said that.

"He's the one with the curse?"

But at that point, the mist dissipated, and the sky was back to its afternoon shades. "Metagross, you witnessed all of that too, right?" The pokemon nodded, and now, it's back to my thoughts.. 

How will I tell him?

{A/N:  The story's getting longer, so stay tuned! }