Chapter 1

🌹

🌹

"Aww, you're such a cute kid." Sunghoon forcibly smiled at him as he ruffled Ni-Ki's hair while Ni-Ki rolled his eyes at him. "Stop treating me like a kid, dude." Ni-Ki sighed as he grabbed Sunghoon's hand away from him to stop him from whatever the heck he was doing at the moment. "How am I supposed to treat you then?" Sunghoon glanced at him with his lips turning into a thin line. "A lover?" He asked a bit unsatisfied.

🌹

Let's rewind this a bit. Ni-Ki was living a somewhat peaceful life, being the oldest sibling in the Nishimura family didn't help him in keeping his somewhat peaceful life peaceful.

He was the next in line to become the CEO of their company that was all about fashion, which Ni-Ki wasn't that much into as his sister and brother were, but who was he to complain? He had a carrier already planned for him, that was until his mother called him at five in the morning.

Ni-Ki groaned in his bed as he heard his phone ring out of nowhere. He tried to ignore it, but he couldn't since it didn't stop ringing and he was getting annoyed at just listening to that annoying sound on his phone, so as a somewhat normal human being he turned to the side where his phone was, which was on his night dresser and grabbed it.

He couldn't really see who was calling him so he just picked up, hoping that it was nothing important and that he can go back to sleep again, which didn't happen.

"Hello...?" Ni-Ki said in his deep and raspy voice. "Riki-ah, why are you still sleeping?" That was when the realization hit him.

It's mum...

Shi-

"Your father and I tried our hardest to rise you and to help you have a stable life and this is how you repay us?" His mother said a bit too loud for Ni-Ki's taste. If his mother was here right now, she would glare into his soul, though Ni-Ki could still feel her glaring through his phone into his soul, so it didn't quite help him.

His mother let out a deep breath. "Ugh, just get ready and come to the company." Ni-Ki sighed in response. "We have some important things to discuss." And just like that, his mother hung up.

That could've been worse...

Ni-Ki thought to himself as he tossed his phone on the other side of the bed not caring where it was for now. He felt so much pressure, but still, he got up to get ready to meet his parents who were probably disappointed with him.

Why couldn't they just choose one of my siblings?

Ni-Ki bit his lip as he was covered in water from washing his face.

Jungwon likes fashion anyway...

Ni-Ki thought to himself as he dried his face with a towel.

"She didn't even ask me if I was okay..." Ni-Ki glanced down. "But, then again she never cared about what I thought nor how I felt so, it's fine..." Ni-Ki murmured to himself as he walked downstairs already fully dressed up for his meeting with his parents.

This is not going to be fun...

🌹

"Well, good that you finally showed up." His father rolled his eyes at him while Ni-Ki bit his lip at that. "So, what's going on?" Ni-Ki shrugged, ignoring his father's comment.

"Riki, we had been rivals with ENK company for a while and we came to a solution." His mother said. "And what is that so-called solution?" Ni-Ki asked. His mother smiled at him brightly. "A marriage arrangement."

Ni-Ki widened his eyes in response. "What!?" He was quick to reply. "We always gave our all for you and this how you respond?" His father glared at him as Ni-Ki rolled his eyes at him.

The only thing you gave me is rules. You never wanted me to be myself and express what I truly want to do.

You were never there for me, nannies read me stories and comforted me when I had a nightmare, but you didn't.

There are so many things to discuss when it comes to it, but it's better that I keep my mouth shut.

Ni-Ki bit his lip at that.

"Who am I even supposed to marry?" Ni-Ki suddenly asked and that was when he heard the doorknob turn. The tall figure standing in front of them was no other than Park Sunghoon.

"It's you!?" Ni-Ki glanced at him in disbelief as Sunghoon glanced at him with a blank expression present on his face.

They can't be serious...

I am not even gay and here they are pairing me with this self-centered jerk...

Ni-Ki sighed.

"Oh, Sunghoon-ah how are you?" Ni-Ki's mother suddenly asked surprising Ni-Ki.

What the actual fu-

"I am fine, thank you for asking Mrs.Nishimura." Sunghoon smiled at her as he bowed, while Ni-Ki tried his best not to panic about it.

I will be marrying a man...

On top of that, that man is a self-centered jerk who doesn't give a damn about other people's opinions...

Just like my parents...

...

Great, just great.

"I apologize on my parents' behalf, they couldn't come because of their schedule..." Sunghoon suddenly said as he glanced at Ni-Ki's parents, but then at Ni-Ki who could only gulp in response as he looked away from him.

This was too sudden for him. He had a lot on his mind, but couldn't tell anyone. Until his parents miraculously left the room. Ni-Ki knew that they had done that intentionally so that they can force them to talk with each other, which they didn't do.

It was awkward at first and them sharing and stealing glances at one another, but then looking away didn't help at all.

They were for sure hopeless.