Chapter 5

🌹

🌹

It was eleven and thirty at night, but it was raining heavily. Ni-Ki wasn't the biggest fan of rain, because then he couldn't go outside and his whole mood would change into a sad one.

But, he still didn't mind it, until he heard something that he was the most afraid of. It was thundering. It was so loud and Ni-Ki was shaking in his double-sized bed while he covered himself with a blanket from head to toe.

Why...

Ni-Ki was always scared of thunder and he hated thunderstorms. His parents were never there at night and well when they were they would always scold him about little things, even when he told them that he is scared of thunder and asked them if they could sleep with them, their answer was always no, there was never any comfort in their voices.

"I need help..." Ni-Ki whimpered. "I don't have anyone else here except for Sunghoon hyung..." Ni-Ki sighed.

He silently and slowly got up from his bed, as he took his phone from his night dresser and tip-toed out of the bedroom.

And that was until he heard another thunder hit. He jumped a bit as he tried his best not to cry.

I am a grown-up now and I still can't get over this fear...

He bit his lip as he tried to hold his tears from falling.

He walked his way to Sunghoon's bedroom while holding onto his phone to light the way to it as he didn't see that well in the dark.

He opened the door to his right and walked right in. He guessed that Sunghoon was already fast asleep, but he just needed some comfort and Ni-Ki knew that he could get it from Sunghoon.

He tip-toed to the left side of the bed as he noticed that Sunghoon was sleeping on his right side. He slowly lay on the bed and covered himself with a blanket that was soft to the touch. He turned to the other side, as he noticed Sunghoon's back.

I feel better now...

Ni-Ki smiled to himself. But, all of a sudden another thunder hit, and Ni-Ki was already shaking in response. He heard Sunghoon groan at loud as he turned around.

"Riki-ah..?" Sunghoon glanced at him in response while Ni-Ki gulped in response. "What are you doing here?" Sunghoon asked slightly confused. "I can leave, sorry for bothering-" Ni-Ki was interrupted by Sunghoon. "I didn't ask you to leave, Riki," Sunghoon said.

Oh...

"It's a bit embarrassing..." Ni-Ki glanced down already embarrassed. "There is nothing to be embarrassed for-" Sunghoon was interrupted by another thunder hitting and a whine that came out of Ni-Ki's mouth.

Everything was clear to him now. "Are you scared of thunder and all that?" Sunghoon glanced at him with a smile peeking through, but he forced himself to not smile at him. "Uh, yeah..." Ni-Ki pouted.

"Come here." Sunghoon smiled at him. Ni-Ki hummed out of confusion. "We can cuddle if you don't mind..." Sunghoon suggested as he bit his lip soon after that. He knew, that it would be awkward for both of them at first, but maybe that would help Ni-Ki (who he unofficially adopted as his son) fall asleep.

"Can I?" Ni-Ki asked quietly. "Only if you want to..." Sunghoon scratched his head. "Okay..." Ni-Ki replied as he smiled at him. Ni-Ki moved closer to Sunghoon as he wrapped his arms around Sunghoon's waist while Sunghoon tried his best to somehow pull him closer.

After a bit of trouble, both of them were comfortable. "Thanks, hyung..." Ni-Ki whispered already drifting off to sleep. "No, problem Riki..." Sunghoon replied with a smile on his face. Maybe he could get used to this. That was the last thing he had on his mind as he slowly drifted to sleep as well.