Chapter 6

🌹

🌹

It was time to meet his parents again. Ni-Ki wasn't so happy about it, but he didn't have any choice but, to go, it was his brother's birthday anyways.

"Riki-ah you ready?" Sunghoon glanced at him as he grabbed his coat. "Uh, yeah...." Ni-Ki said as he glanced down. "You don't seem to be ready, though..." Sunghoon shrugged. "We can go some other day, I don't mind-" Sunghoon was interrupted by Ni-Ki. "No, hyung it's just that I am scared to go, that's it..." Ni-Ki glanced at him as he noticed that Sunghoon's expression softened.

"If that's what you want then let's go..." Sunghoon smiled at him. "But, we will talk about it later," Sunghoon added as he waited for Ni-Ki who grabbed his jacket and was ready to go. Ni-Ki could only smile at Sunghoon, but still, he replied with a "thank you, hyung" and soon after that they were ready to leave the house.

🌹

Ni-Ki was happy to see Jungwon happily blowing out the candles. He was younger than Ni-Ki for about two years, but they still did get along pretty well. He couldn't see his sister as much though, because she was sent to study abroad at a young age, Ni-Ki thought about her often and how she was doing.

"I didn't know that it was your brother's birthday." Sunghoon's whispered in Ni-Ki's ear startling Ni-Ki. He glanced at him with his eyes wide open, but soon after that he finally collected himself.

"Uh, yeah hyung, I didn't want you to bother buying things, my parents don't mind it after all.." Ni-Ki whispered into his ear. "They seem to like you," Ni-Ki added. "Yeah, they only like me because I can bring them money on the table, I ain't that foolish." Sunghoon rolled his eyes at that as he said that.

"Unfortunately, the same goes for my parents..." Sunghoon added. "About what are you two being so secretive about?" Ni-Ki's mother asked as she glanced at Sunghoon first than at Ni-Ki. "Nothing much, Mrs.Nishimura it's just that I felt bad for not bringing any presents for Jungwon-shi." Sunghoon politely smiled at Ni-Ki's mother while Ni-Ki watched in disbelief.

Hyung sure does know how to please people...

"Yeah, mother." Ni-Ki smiled at her. "I didn't want to trouble hyung-ie to buy Jungwon-ah something because I would feel bad for him," Ni-Ki said as he smiled at his mother who only nodded in response.

🌹

"Hyung, you truly know how to deal with people." Ni-Ki complimented at what Sunghoon smiled in response as he spoke. "I mean, I have to deal with my parents every day, so..." Sunghoon added at what Ni-Ki's proud smile turned into a thin line.

🌹

"Riki-ah dinner's ready," Sunghoon called out, while Ni-Ki was in the living room playing games on his phone. "I'm coming, hyung," Ni-Ki replied as he quickly jumped off the sofa he was sitting on.

"Woah, that looks great." Ni-Ki smiled at Sunghoon who smiled back at him. "Oh, thanks Riki, I hope that it tastes good as well." Sunghoon nervously smiled at what Ni-Ki chuckled. In response. "No worries hyung, I bet that it tastes great," Ni-Ki said as he sliced his steak.

Yes, they were having steak for dinner, Ni-Ki suggested it and who was Sunghoon to decline. It was protein after all.

Ni-Ki bit into his steak and was too stunned to speak, it tasted too good to only be just a steak. Little did Ni-Ki know that Sunghoon was observing the younger's reaction the whole time. "Is it good?" Sunghoon glanced at him a bit concerned, that was until Ni-Ki smiled widely at him and gave him a thumbs up.

"It's awesome hyung, you can be a great chef as well." Ni-Ki complimented while Sunghoon smiled in response. "Thanks, Riki-ah." Sunghoon shrugged his neck feeling a bit embarrassed.

"No problem, hyung I love your cooking," Ni-Ki said out loud while Sunghoon was too surprised to hear that.

Does he like my cooking that much?

This kid is making me embarrassed...

Sunghoon bit his lip at that as he stayed silent, ignoring the fact that his heart fluttered a bit.

Just a tiny bit.