Chapter 12

🌹

🌹

Sunghoon brought roses. Why? Because one of his friends at work gave it to him, simple as that. He didn't bring them because he had a lover at home, that surely wasn't the case.

He sighed as he opened the door to his house while struggling to hold the bouquet of roses since it was huge.

Next time they thank me for making them freely leave work fifteen minutes earlier, I'll just mention that they do not need to buy me anything...

Sunghoon shrugged as he closed the door behind him.

Where's Riki?

He is usually here playing games...

Sunghoon was so into his thoughts that he didn't notice Ni-Ki walking downstairs, soon after that, he rushed to Sunghoon to greet him.

"Hyung, you're home!?" Ni-Ki said happily surprising Sunghoon. "Oh, Riki-ah you're here." Sunghoon chuckled. "For who or from who are these roses?" Ni-Ki asked curiously. Sunghoon flinched a bit as he forgot that he held a bouquet of roses in his hand.

"I got them from my colleagues at work." Sunghoon shrugged as he smiled. "I was quite surprised that I got them." He added as Ni-Ki nodded at him. "Why do you ask?" Sunghoon asked slightly confused.

"Uh, I don't know-" Ni-Ki glanced down. "I just wanted to know that's all..." Ni-Ki glanced at Sunghoon. "You can have them if you want to." Sunghoon smiled at him if that didn't make Ni-Ki's cheeks flush, then he didn't know what could. "Thank you, hyung but you don't have to-" Ni-Ki was caught off guard as Sunghoon handed a bouquet of roses to him, out of surprise he almost dropped it on the floor, but thankfully he calmed down before that could happen.

"Thanks, hyung." Ni-Ki smiled at him. "No need, Riki-ah they suit you." Sunghoon smiled back at him. "You're as beautiful as a rose," Sunghoon added before he left the younger alone.

What did he just say?

Ni-Ki bit his inner cheek at that as he followed the latter to the kitchen.

🌹

"I was wondering..." Ni-Ki suddenly said as he had already put the roses in a vase. "Why don't we eat in a dining room, hyung?" Ni-Ki asked. Sunghoon glanced at him as put the knife on the cutting board. "Uh, I don't know..." Sunghoon glanced down. "I got used to eating here or in the living room..."

Sunghoon glanced down. "Wouldn't it feel lonely to eat in a huge dining room?" Sunghoon asked as he glanced at Ni-Ki who did have an answer to that question. "It would probably..." Ni-Ki sighed.

"I wouldn't be lonely,  though..." Sunghoon said. "What do you mean by that hyung?" Ni-Ki asked slightly confused. "If I would have you by my side, I would never feel lonely..." Sunghoon laughed at loud as he noticed how flustered the younger got.

"Hyung..." Ni-Ki frowned at him. "Why are you laughing?" Ni-Ki asked. "Because you're cute." Sunghoon immediately replied suppressing a laugh.

🌹

Maybe Ni-Ki did get used to cuddling with Sunghoon after all.  He felt comfortable, he felt protected, but he did find it annoying at some times.

How could he come up with an excuse, again?

He stood in front of Sunghoon once again, and Sunghoon glanced at him kind of concerned.

He already is worried for me...

"What's wrong Riki-ah?" Sunghoon asked. "I just wanted to ask you if you could cuddle, me that's all..." Ni-Ki said, but he said it a lot quieter than he usually would.

But, Sunghoon did hear him, of course, that he did. "Sure, I don't mind." He chuckled as Ni-Ki shyly smiled at him. "You don't need to be embarrassed Riki-ah," Sunghoon added.

I know that, but how?

...

We kissed each other and almost-

Ni-Ki was already a blushing mess at that thought. "Aww, come here," Sunghoon said as he spread his arms for Ni-Ki to just straight up jump in his embrace and Ni-Ki gladly did that, maybe not by jumping but just by walking up to Sunghoon to sit on his lap and hug him.

And that was how the two ended up cuddling each other once again. They made it their tradition.