Chapter 8

🌹

🌹

"Riki-ah can we talk?" Sunghoon asked as he noticed that Ni-Ki was playing games on his phone again. "Uh, sure hyung just a second," Ni-Ki said as he continued playing games.

Sunghoon patiently waited for Ni-Ki to finish his game. "Done," Ni-Ki said as he tossed his phone on the sofa. "What did you want to talk about hyung?" Ni-Ki asked slightly curious.

"Well, my parents called me and told me that they'll be free in two weeks..." Sunghoon sighed. "They want to meet you..." Sunghoon said as he crossed his arms. "Okay...?" Ni-Ki asked slightly confused. He didn't understand why was Sunghoon so unhappy about it, he understood why, but at the same time, he didn't.

Sunghoon walked up to the sofa and sat next to him. "My parents aren't what they seem to be..." Sunghoon sighed. "They ruined my image just because, I fought with them..." Sunghoon glanced at Ni-Ki who felt bad for him.

"Hyung, I am so sorry-" Ni-Ki was caught off guard as Sunghoon leaned his head on Ni-Ki's shoulder. "I know, Riki-ah..." Sunghoon glanced down. "Just, can I stay like this for a while?" Sunghoon asked. "Of course hyung..." Ni-Ki softly smiled at him. "Thanks, Riki-ah..." Sunghoon said with a small smile present on his face as he closed his eyes. "Anything for you hyung."

🌹

"Riki-ah I know that you'd like to help me out, but seriously I don't need help." Sunghoon let out a heavy breath as he cooked the pasta. "But, hyung-" Ni-Ki pouted at him and Sunghoon was left silent.

"Why can't I help you?" Ni-Ki asked. "I'll be good-" Sunghoon couldn't listen to Ni-Ki's whining and complaining so he decided to interrupt him. "Riki-ah I can do it myself it's not that hard-" Ni-Ki frowned at him which did surprise Sunghoon who stopped talking as soon as he noticed Ni-Ki's expression.

"You are tired hyung, you were gone for almost a whole day and here you are making me dinner..." Ni-Ki glanced down. "I just wanted to make it up to you..." Ni-Ki sighed. "I know that I am not a good cook as you, but I can at least help you out..." Ni-Ki said as he lifted his head to glance at Sunghoon who bit his inner cheek at that.

"Okay, fine you win." Sunghoon sighed as he glanced at Ni-Ki who smiled at him brightly in response. "You can chop some onions," Sunghoon suggested, but soon after that, he was quick to change his mind. "It's better that you take care of peppers actually, I'll chop the onions," Sunghoon said at what Ni-Ki could only nod in response.

"Is that good?" Ni-Ki glanced at Sunghoon who was busy chopping onions, but his eyes were for some reason glossy. Sunghoon glanced in Ni-Ki's direction and soon after that, he hummed in response. "Yeah, that's good, just be careful to not hurt yourself with a knife," Sunghoon said, and soon after that his attention was on onions.

"Hyung, are you ok?" Ni-Ki asked a bit worried for the older. "Yeah, why?" Sunghoon asked as a tiny tear rolled down his cheek. "Because you're crying," Ni-Ki said with a pout forming on his face. "It's because of onions Riki-ah." Sunghoon chuckled, but for some odd reason Ni-Ki didn't believe him, so he decided that the best thing he could do for Sunghoon is to hug him and that was what he had done.

He walked up to Sunghoon surprising him and hugged him. "What is that for?" Sunghoon said and soon after that, he chuckled at the younger. "I just want to make you feel better, hyung that's it," Ni-Ki said as he smiled at him.

For some unknown reason, Ni-Ki felt weird, not in a bad way of course. He felt safe in Sunghoon's embrace, like he had found a person to rely on, a shoulder to cry on, he felt happy with him.

There were some moments that his heart beat would fasten at when it came to interacting with Sunghoon, but Ni-Ki didn't think much of it.

On the other hand, Sunghoon felt happy, he knew that Ni-Ki did care for him, but this was different. He felt safe with him. He would always be a person who would take care of other people, without putting too much thought to it, but maybe sometimes Sunghoon could let Ni-Ki take care of him as well. Maybe, that was what he had needed this whole time after all.

He smiled at the younger as he awkwardly tried his best to place the knife that he had still held in hand on the kitchen counter.

Miraculously, he made it.

That was a bit dangerous...

He thought to himself as he hugged back Ni-Ki, not trying to ruin their little moment.

🌹

"So, how was it?" Sunghoon asked a bit worried. "I found an interesting recepy for the sauce on the internet and I don't know if you liked it or not so I-" Sunghoon was soon to be interrupted by Ni-Ki. "Hyung, it was delicious." Ni-Ki assured with a smile on his face. "Like I said before, I love your cooking." Ni-Ki added as he glanced down feeling slightly embarrassed while Sunghoon chuckled in response. "Thanks, Riki-ah." Sunghoon smiled at him.