Chapter 13

🌹

🌹

Ni-Ki would lie if he didn't catch feelings for a certain someone and that certain someone was no other than Sunghoon. Sometimes, Ni-Ki would wonder how could have he even started liking him, but who wouldn't?

He was a nice man, after all, he was always there for the younger and he was his comfort person, they did kiss each other and almost made out, but Ni-Ki did want to forget about that since the latter wasn't so comfortable about it as well.

But, there was a problem and no it wasn't the fact that Ni-Ki was sometimes worrying that Sunghoon may not feel the same way about him and that he might find out about it any time soon.

He was worried about the dinner with Sunghoon's parents. He had already been there, but he had a feeling that Sunghoon's parents do not like him as much as his parents liked Sunghoon, that was probably because he was a man and not a woman.

Though they did acknowledge that they agreed with his parents regarding their arranged marriage, Ni-Ki nor Sunghoon weren't the ones who willingly accepted it, jokes on them.

Their wedding can (but probably won't) cancel at any time.

"What are you thinking about Riki-ah?" Sunghoon glanced at him slightly curious. "Uh, nothing much hyung." Ni-Ki nervously smiled at him as he avoided eye contact with Sunghoon.

"Okay, then..." Sunghoon shrugged as he glanced at the TV show he was currently watching, but then again he glanced at Ni-Ki once again. "You can tell me anything Riki-ah, you know that right?" Sunghoon said he locked eyes with Ni-Ki who was fidgeting with his fingers, probably out of nervousness Sunghoon guessed.

"I know that hyung..." Ni-Ki sighed. "But, I just felt like your parents didn't like me that much..." Ni-Ki stopped playing with his fingers as he glanced down. Sunghoon was surprised to hear that. "That's not true at all, it's just that they are a bit cold no matter how you look at it..." Sunghoon sighed. "They were a bit enthusiastic when they met you though...." Sunghoon added as he smiled at Ni-Ki.

"You sure about that?" Ni-Ki glanced at him, unsure. "Yeah, they were never like this..." Sunghoon glanced down.

And once again Ni-Ki felt bad. He couldn't believe that he met a person who shared the same struggle with and that he liked that person as well.

"Can I hug you?" Sunghoon lifted his head as he asked him. Ni-Ki softly smiled at him. "Of course hyung, anything for you," Ni-Ki said as he spread his arms waiting for Sunghoon to hug him.

I missed that.

🌹

The next day, Sunghoon was carrying a bouquet of roses. Though this time nobody had gifted him anything, he bought them himself. Why? Because he wanted to see Ni-Ki smile, it wasn't necessarily because the younger didn't smile enough, he just wanted to be the reason he was smiling for.

Even though, Sunghoon was clueless that Ni-Ki was mostly smiling because of him.

He suppressed a smile as he opened the door and closed it behind him, not expecting Ni-Ki to be casually sitting on the sofa scrolling on his phone. Usually, he was always busy with something, but now when he wants to surprise the younger he is here.

"Oh, hyung-" Ni-Ki couldn't finish his sentence as he gasped out of surprise, but soon after that he collected himself and spoke. "Woah, your colleagues like you a lot, huh?" Ni-Ki said with a teasing tone as he got up from the sofa.

This kid-

"I bought it myself, this time..." Sunghoon bit his lip as Ni-Ki glanced at him surprised once again. "For who?" Ni-Ki asked as he crossed his arms.

"For you..." Sunghoon said shyly. Ni-Ki glanced at him as he softly smiled at him. "And here I thought that you were secretly dating someone..." Ni-Ki chuckled while Sunghoon was surprised to hear that.

"Why would you think that?" Sunghoon asked as he walked towards Ni-Ki handing the bouquet of roses to him and the younger gladly accepted it. "Uh, I-" Ni-Ki was interrupted by Sunghoon. "Were you jealous, Riki-shi?" Sunghoon asked obviously teasing the younger as Ni-Ki had his cheeks flushed at that. "Maybe, a little..." Ni-Ki said quietly.

Sunghoon widened his eyes in response.

Did I hear that right?

Sunghoon bit his lip at that as his ears turned red.

"Well, we should make lunch together now right?" Ni-Ki asked changing the topic. "Yeah, we should," Sunghoon replied and soon after that, he followed Ni-Ki to the kitchen.

Why was my heart pounding so fast...?