3~ Let me go!

Hey guys! Thank you for reading, i hope your enjoying this! Don't be a silent reader, anyways get back to reading love ya x

The group heard the commotion before they saw it.

Ear piercing shouts can be heard within the woods.

They were not expecting what they saw.

Daryl returns first, a tired look plastered on his face.

"LET ME GO" Emerson's voice erupts from the trees line.

Her small body is thrown over Shane's shoulder, her legs kicking around like an animal.

A small bruise is forming on his cheek from her thrashing arms.

"What is going on?" A feminine voice speaks out amongst the other survivors.

"Stop hitting me kid!" He bites out, already done with her.

"I SAID. LET. ME. GO. YOU. OAF" Her punches continue as they head towards the centre of camp.

"Fine, as you wish" He drops her to the ground without a care.

"Asshole" She mumbles under her breath.

"I heard that" He responds, hand pointing at her before flying up to sooth his headache.

"You were meant to dumbass" Emerson growls out.

The group all share confused and worried glances, their eyes drawn to the drying blood all over her nose and shirt.

"What happened?" A brown haired woman steps forward towards the girl as she spoke.

"The little shit ran into a tree after she stole from us" Daryl speaks up, glaring back at the girl as she caught his gaze.

"No, these two ogres chased after me and made me hit a tree" She corrects, her face turning into a frown.

This time the brown haired woman crouches down, her face held real concern. Her eyes were warm but something else was there too.

"I'm Lori, what's your name sweetheart?" Her motherly tone sent a warm feeling to Emerson.

She never had a mother growing up. Of course she wondered what it was like too have both parents instead of that terrible excuse of a father.

The rest of the camp silently watches the conversation, not knowing what to do.

"Emerson" She mumbled, just loud enough for her to hear.

"That's a pretty name" Lori calmly responds. "How about we clean up your nose?"

In a quick switch Emerson remembered why she was here, and how she didn't want their help.

"No" She coldly retorts. "I want to leave"

Lori looks taken aback by her tone, much like how Shane was.

Quickly covering up her shock she asks "Why do you want to leave?" shaking her head in confusion.

"I don't need your help, I don't want your company, I want to be alone" She recoils.

The apocalypse changes people.

You can't trust anyone.

"You can't leave, I told you that earlier" This time Shane is the one to talk.

"I don't care" Emerson replies, crossing her arms like a child.

"Just stay for a week tops yeah?" The man tries to reason once again.

"Fine. But then you let me go. deal?" She finally caves.

"Deal, but...we're taking your knife and your bat" He decides shrugging carelessly.