20~ Celebrations

Finally on chapter 20! Really excited to write the next few chapters where they leave the quarry! So so sorry for the late update, been having a little bit of writers block! Enjoy this chapter, love ya x

Emerson's eyes widen as she sees Andrea nearly collapse, Jacqui catching her just in time.

"Are you okay?" Jenner stands up in concern.

Andrea nods, "Mmm" She says, regaining her composure.

"She hasn't eaten in days. None of us have"

The mention of food causes Emerson's stomach to rumble lowly, only Carl besides her noticing as he smirks a bit.

"Shut up" She mumbles.

~~~~

There was so much food.

You could see the steam pouring off of it.

Everyone was sat at the large dining table, happily digging in to their own plate of whatever they desired.

All but one.

Emerson stared at her empty plate, her fingers messing with the brim of her shirt. She was trapped between Sophia and Carl.

"Why aren't you eating?" Carl asks, catching the attention of Lori sitting beside him.

"Just thinking of what to eat" She mumbles.

In truth, Emerson was starving. Her stomach felt like it was caving in on itself, her mind preoccupied with the thought of having a full stomach for the first time in awhile.

But she didn't trust that doctor one bit.

Lori reached over Emerson, placing a variety of different foods on her plate, "You need to eat, honey" She gives her a pointed look.

"What if he poisoned us?" She mutters.

"Don't be silly" Lori breathes a laugh.

"M'not being silly" She remarks quietly, frowning at the woman.

Emerson eyes her plate skeptically, with a great amount of hesitation, she leans forwards and begins eating slowly.

Her eyes widen at the warmth of the food, the nostalgic flavours bouncing around her tastebuds. Pure happiness spreads across everyone's faces as they chatter and eat.

"You know, in Italy, children have a little bit of wine with dinner. And in France" Dale informs causing everyone to chuckle around him.

"Well, when Carl is in Italy or France, he can have some then" Lori smiles.

"What's it gonna hurt? Come on.....Come on" Rick persuades, smirking lightly.

"There you are, young lad" Dale pours some wine into a glass for Carl, the red liquid sloshes around as it is passed about.

Emerson watches in amusement as Carl brings the glass to his lips, tasting the bitter drink.

"Eww"

The adults start to laugh as Carl pulls a disgusted face.

"That's my boy. That's my boy. Good boy" Lori pats his back.

"Well, just stick to sour pop there, bud" Shane laughs gently.