17~ Wanna bet

Heyy! You have no idea how happy i was when i saw that this story has 600 views! Thank you so much for reading! Love ya x

Emerson rubs at her eyes stiffly as she finally wakes up. She glances around, seeing Carl and Sophia also in the RV; fast asleep.

Last nights attack grazes her mind as she remembers the horrific event.

When Daryl and Emerson finally made it back to camp, she notices many walker carcasses littering the ground. The screams died down, leaving only heart-wrenching cries as people mourn over their fallen loved ones.

Daryl was quick to send her to the RV with the other kids. The adults thinking it would be safer for them to sleep in there.

She looked away from Andrea as she passes her towards door, she clings onto her younger sister, not caring as blood smudges onto herself.

The blood partly shielding her sorrow as she grips her sister tighter, whispering sweet-nothings as she gently strokes her hair.

Emerson forces herself to drown out the memory, lifting herself of the couch and quietly making her way towards the RV door.

Her hat only does so much to hide the sun's glare as it ripples down onto camp. She laughs to herself at the thought of something so bright and happy still beaming down, even after the previous nights harsh destruction.

Everyone but the kids were awake. The adults were either dragging bodies to piles, mourning or keeping watch.

Emerson just stood there dumbly. Does she help? What is she meant to do?

Her frown is replaced with an evil smirk as she spots Daryl heaving bodies roughly over his shoulder, before dropping it into a different pile.

She chuckles lowly as she waits for him to be preoccupied with another, before ducking behind a walker in the pile. Her eyes widen in amusement as he begins walking back towards her.

Any minute now.

Just one more second...NOW!

As Daryl reaches out to grab the walker in front of her, she grasps onto his arm; trying her best to imitate a walker growl.

"Ahh!" He jumps back, hand swiping at his holster; his knife already halfway exposed before realising it wasn't a walker. His shout catching the attention of others, who begin to chuckle along.

She erupts in laughter as his face settles with a glare. "You should've seen you-" She is unable to finish her sentence as more laughs bubble out of her throat, her hands clutching onto her stomach as she topples over.

"You little shit" He grumbles, "Some people have work ta do, unlike you sitting on yer arse doing fuck all" He drags her out of the pile.

"You want me to move bodies?" She questions astonished, motioning over to the dead beside her.

"What? Think ya can't handle it?" He replies smugly, a smirk now on his face.

"Wanna bet?" She curtly responds, "I bet i can move more walkers than you" She points at him.

"Fine....bet ya can't" He rejoins already hauling a body over his shoulder.

"Fuck you, ya troll" She groans as she pulls on a walker, it's body slowly inches further the more she drags it.

"Watch it" He shouts, obviously louder than usual to show he's already at the other pile when she's only halfway there.

"Watch it blah blah" She mimics him as he walks past her with his stupid smug face.