Thirteen

Stella's P.O.V

The next morning, I was sitting on a stool eating my chocolate chip bagel from Panera Bread on the kitchen island. I had my iPad playing some show as I ate. I felt like an iPad kid but yet again, my parents would let me watch TV while I ate my breakfast as long as I ate all of it so it was a habit and a comfort thing.

"Stella? You here?" I heard Gwen call out.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I called back to her.

I saw her walk over before sitting on the stool next to me.

"Do you want some coffee?" I asked.

"No thank you. I had two already. I don't need a third."

"Fair point. What's up?"

"I came here to talk about the rest of the plans to get you two married. Jasper has asked me to talk to you about the plans so we are able to figure out a good timeline."

"Okay."

"Jasper mentioned an art show before. I'm now sure if you remember it but you two will be attending the event. That is a good time to start publicizing your relationship. Next, you two will be joining his family to a weekend getaway in Paris. After that, we were hoping your family may have an event coming up that you two can attend so Jasper can ask your father and brother for their permission in marrying you on a separate day. We want to make this as lowkey and real as possible," Gwen told me.

"I would need to text my mom."

"Perfect. Go ahead and do that and then I can tell you the rest of the plans."

I quickly sent a text to my mom asking if our family had anything planned soon. I looked over at Gwen who took out her tablet.

"Did your mom text you back?"

"Not yet."

"Okay. That's fine. After Jasper gets your family's permission, we'll start the wedding planning as soon as possible. I would suggest getting a Pinterest board ready. And make sure to put it on private," Gwen told me.

"Got it."

"We're gonna go find you an outfit for Friday. So go get ready and we'll head out."

"Sounds good."

"And Jasper invited you to lunch later today," Gwen added.

"He did? I'll get dressed right now," I tell her before putting my dishes away and heading upstairs.

Once I got changed into something simple (and easy to change in and out for when I need to find a dress), I grabbed my purse and headed back downstairs. I looked over at Gwen as she was driving us.

"Where are we going to?" I asked her.

"The dresses we want to find for you are going to be in random boutiques around L.A. We just need to find one that you like and is suitable."

"Any specific color I should get?" I asked.

"No. Jasper said to pick the one you like and not worry about anything else," Gwen explained.

"Is he sure? I'm not used to such luxury," I tell her nervously.

"Don't worry. He's fine with whatever you want to get," Gwen told me.

The first boutique we went to had some nice dresses but none that really caught my eye. I tried some on to see if I would change my mine but I didn't like it.

"You know, I would kill for a dress with pockets. Like why can't women have pockets in dresses?" I asked Gwen through the changing room's door. Gwen sat on a chair across from the door so she can keep an eye on me.