Fifteen

I looked around at the scattered clothes around my room. I was packing for the Paris weekend trip and I felt nervous. What if I wasn't good enough for Jasper in his family's eyes. They barely know me and this was a test to see who I was really.

"You okay?" I heard. I looked over to see Jasper standing by my door. I looked at the clock to see that it was only two in the afternoon.

"Yeah. Why are you home so early?" I asked, walking over towards him.

"We already did everything needed at work. So I gave everyone the day off with pay," Jasper told me.

"That's nice of you."

"You should come by my work sometime. I can show you around, show you what I do."

"I will think about it. But it sounds fun," I smiled at him.

"Packing for Paris?" Jasper asked me.

"Yeah. I've never been. Luckily, my passport is still good for another two years then I gotta reapply for a new one," I tell him. 

"That's good. Did you eat lunch?"

"No. I was a little focused on packing," I admitted. 

"That's alright. Want to grab lunch together?"

"Yeah. I'd like that. Let me get changed."

Jasper walked away so I can close my door and get dressed. I wore a cute dress and some wedge heels before grabbing my purse and walking out. I found Jasper in the living room, sitting on the couch as he was scrolling through his phone. 

"Where do you want to go get food?" I asked Jasper. He looked up at me and smiled. 

"You look cute. I know a good spot at this rooftop. Shall we get going?" Jasper asked me.

"Yeah!" 

We got into Jasper's Range Rover downstairs in the garage before he drove off. The radio was on Kiss F.M. (the most popular radio station in Southern California), which I didn't mind. 

"Do you always listen to the radio?" I asked him. 

"No. I usually go on Spotify and go on one of my playlists."

"Why don't you play that?"

"I'm not too sure if you'd like my playlist. Plus it's pretty random."

"I don't mind. Besides, I should listen to what kind of music you listen to. What kind of person you are," I joked.

"You can tell what kind of person they are based on their taste of music?" Jasper asked. 

"No. I just hear so many people say that, it sounds like a joke to me now."

"How so?"

"Well, someone can assume that someone who listens to metal music is rude and reckless but then the person who assumes could be wrong with the person who listens to metal music is really a nice person," I tell him.

"I see your point."

"But still, you should play your music instead of listening to some insurance commercial."

"How about you play your playlist?" Jasper offered.

"You sure? It's a lot of pop," I warned. 

"I think I can handle it," Jasper chuckled. 

"Alright," I shrugged before connecting my phone to the car's Bluetooth. 

The first song was a Taylor Swift song. I stared out the window as Jasper drove through traffic. Jasper eventually pulled up to a hotel and went to the valet section. We got out of the car and a valet worker walked over to us.