Seven

Stella's P.O.V

I woke up to see that I was in someone's arms. I quickly sat up to see Jasper lying on the couch, still asleep. I grabbed my phone from the coffee table and checked the time. It was only 9:44 in the morning. My eyes widen as I was going to be late to work.

"Oh my God," I said before getting up from the couch. I rushed out of the house and towards my car. I quickly got in and rushed home. Once I made it back over to my apartment, I rushed over and got inside.

I sent a quick text to my job letting them know I was going to be a bit late. I quickly got changed and put on some fresh makeup before rushing out to my car again.

"And she's late for the first time ever!" One of my coworkers joked as I got inside. I quickly clocked in and put my bag into my locker.

"Oh shut up," I said.

"It's not a big deal. Stella's never been late before so we'll let it slide," my manager said as she walked by.

"Sorry. I woke up pretty late," I tell her.

"I can tell. So, who is it?" She asked me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Oh please. You've never been late before. And all of a sudden you're thirty minutes late? Who is it?" She asked.

"It's no one."

"Mhm."

I quickly sent Jasper an apology text for leaving so soon before starting my shift.

Jasper's P.O.V

I woke up to see Stella gone. I sat up from the couch and stretched my arms before looking over at the time. It was already 10:04 in the morning and Gwen had called me five times. Oh fuck.

"Jasper! You better be in here!" I heard Gwen yell as she got out the elevator.

"Not so loud please," I groaned as I got up to greet her.

"What the hell! I've been trying to call you for an hour!" She said.

"Sorry. I overslept," I tell her. Gwen looked over to see the two glasses of wine still out.

"I'm guessing you and Stella slept together on the couch," Gwen said.

"We got tired from the wine and talking," I mentioned.

"Mhm."

"You also know it's a Saturday right?" I asked her.

"Yes but your family is asking for details about the dinner. Call them," Gwen told me.

"Alright," I sighed.

"Make sure to drink some water and take a shower too," Gwen ordered.

"Yes ma'am."

"Good. I'm assuming you and Stella didn't eat breakfast?" Gwen asked me. I got a text on my phone making me check on it.

Sorry for running off like that so early in the morning. I had work this morning and was late. I'll talk to you after work.

I smirked softly before putting my phone back into my pocket.

"Gwen, can you bring Stella some lunch at her job?" I asked.

"Fine. But you need to call your parents," Gwen told me.

"I will. Let me eat something first," I tell her.

"Fine. What does she like?" Gwen asked me.

"Anything nice and filling."

"Alright. You owe me."

"Don't I always?" I asked. Gwen walked off over to the elevator.

"Don't forget to call your parents!" Gwen yelled.

"I will!"

I always appreciated Gwen's confidence. She was never afraid to yell at me whenever I did something wrong. Not to mention she was always on top of things. Normally, I'd get upset over people talking to me with disrespect but ever since I hired Gwen, work had been easier and has been on the top of the charts.

After I had some breakfast, I called my mother first. It was no surprise that she answered it right away.

"Hello."

"Hi mom."

"Jasper. We've been trying to contact you. Why have you been ignoring us?" Mom asked.

"I didn't mean to seem like I was ignoring you."

"Well you did."

"I'm sorry."

"So where are we going for this important dinner you needed all of us at?"

"I was thinking of going to Fleming's."

"Darling, can you tell me why we're going to this dinner? I promise to keep it a secret."

"Well in all honesty, I want you to meet my girlfriend."

"Your girlfriend? Is this the mystery woman the tabloids have been taking about?"

"Yes. I wasn't too sure on how to break the news and I want to make sure she's comfortable so we leaked a photo of us at the beach," I tell her.

"I guess that seems reasonable. What time would you like us to meet you at the restaurant?"

"At five p.m. sharp."

"We will be there. Are you not going to the charity gala?"

"No. I don't think my girlfriend is ready for that stuff yet. For anything, I'll write a check you can give to them."

"Oh alright."

"I'll see you then mom."

"We'll see you both there. I'm excited to meet her."

"Me too. I think you're gonna like her."

"I raised you. Any girl you pick, I'm going to like her," my mom scoffed. I let out a chuckle from her comment.

"You're right. I gotta go. Bye mom."

"Bye sweetie."