ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ

❀❀❀❀❀
"Wow, (l/n), do you really know Mukuro Ikusaba personally? Do you think you could introduce me to her sister? You know, the famous Junko Enoshima?" It had been going like this ever since the Ultimate Soldier had rescued her from the mean crowd. She had been the center of attention.

"I'm sorry, b-but I don't know Junko as well as Mukuro...!" Was the only thing she always replied, even though she didn't even know Mukuro that well. They weren't even friends: The black haired female had only said that to intimidate the bullies and stop them from picking on her.

"Aww, what a shame! Hey, do you want to sit with us at our lunch table? You always eat alone, we really pity you for not having any friends!" Even their invitations were mean and used to insult and attack the (h/c) haired female. It was pure jealousy.

"Are you serious...? I mean, yes, I would love to...!" But (y/n) still accepted. It was ages since she had lunch with other people at school. And even if they were a little bit mean, it would be rude to reject such an offer, wouldn't it be?

"Great! We'll see you at lunch then!" With that, the female went back to her group of friends, who all cheered slightly when she told them how the conversation ended. After all, they would be eating lunch with (y/n) (l/n), the girl that was friends with the Ultimate Soldier!

As soon as the (h/c) haired girl noticed their cheers, she began to feel bad about accepting the invite. She hated the fact that she couldn't make any friends. And when she had the opportunity to do so, it was because she knew someone that they wanted to know.

When lunch finally came by, she sat down at their table, holding a tray with food and snacks on it. Their school kitchen was surprisingly good and never really left her hungry. But that wasn't the point. The point was all the stares that she was receiving from other tables.

Were others planning to invite her to their tables too? Why else would the students she was sitting with receive such glares? Sighing, she bit into the fruit that she had chosen to eat that day. "Sooo, can you maybe answer some of our question?" One of them asked her.

"Questions...?" She asked after swallowing what was in her mouth. "Is it about Ikusaba?" (Y/n) was growing annoyed with how many people were asking her the same questions over and over again. Did they not know how to stop? Then again, she also was too curious about Mukuro herself.

"How did you know? You're so smart, haha!" A brown haired girl gave a fake laugh. "But we also wanted to ask you, if you knew any other Ultimates? If you don't have any friends here, you must have a ton in the actual circle of people with talents, right?"

She definitely took that as an insult, even though it was completely true. Holding back the urge to just walk off, (y/n) remembered the pink haired male that waved at her. "Do you know a male with pink hair and kind of sharp teeth? We waved at each other."

The others gasped, to her surprise. Was it really that big of a deal to return a friendly gesture? After all, these Ultimates were still humans like everyone else. They were just better at something that they enjoyed doing. "Are you for real? You and Kazuichi Soda waved at each other?"
❀❀❀❀❀