ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

❀❀❀❀❀
"Come on, hit me!" The Ultimate Soldier was growing frustrated with how kind her friend was being. (Y/n) did hit her, but as careful and soft as she could, not wanting to actually hurt the black haired female. "I did hit you, so why are you complaining about it?"

"I have the right to complain about it, since you're learning self-defense! You need to at least know how to fight someone! Give me some more strength in that punch, or are you really that weak?" One thing that she learned while being a new soldier herself: Humiliation is a good motivation.

But in the Reserve Course student's case, it was the other way around. Instead of growing motivated, she sat down on the grass and buried her face in her knees. "You're right, I'm weak... I'm sorry, Mukuro... You seem to be so extremely angry with me..."

Even more frustrated and practically hopeless, Mukuro let herself sink down next to her. "I only said that to maybe motivate you. But even when you're insulted, you don't even attempt to fight back." "I really don't want to fight you...! What if I'm going to accidentally hurt you...? That would be my worst nightmare...!"

Letting out a small chuckle, she shook her head. "Do you really think you could hurt me that badly? I'm the Ultimate Soldier, I believe I can take some punches without having to cry." Mukuro smiled when (y/n) had to laugh from her little joke.

'Seriously... A week or so ago, I would have never told anyone a joke... Or smiled because of someone's laugh... What's wrong with me? Am I also developing feelings for (y/n)? I have to admit that she doesn't look too bad either, so maybe it's actually happening...'

"Is everything alright?" The (h/c) haired female began to blush. While thinking to herself, Mukuro had began staring at her, not blinking once. "Oh, yes. I'm alright. Please just try a little bit harder. Do it for me and for your safety. I won't always be around to protect you."

"Y-You would actually protect me...?" Her cheeks reddened even more, making the Ultimate Soldier blush too, even if it was just a little. "I would. We're friends now, right? I think friends should be there for each other." She could have punched herself for calling the student a friend.

For a split second, Mukuro thought she saw (y/n) looking a little bit sad. Was she too disappointed at how she got labeled? As just a friend? She felt a bit bad. After all, she knew about the crush the (h/c) haired female had on her. Wasn't that unfair?

"Actually. Maybe we aren't just friend." The words slipped out of her mouth, she wasn't able to stop them. "What...?!" (Y/n)'s (e/c) orbs stared up at the female, who was blushing like a madman, trying to find an excuse for what she said. "I... I think you..."

The Reserve Course student froze, waiting for her to finish her sentence. Quickly, Mukuro turned away. "W-We should meet again tomorrow, try to practice your punches a little, I won't go easy on you." With that, she rushed off, not showing her flustered face to the girl.

'Did I just imagine that...? Or did Mukuro Ikusaba actually tell me that we may be more than friends...? I know she seemed a bit flustered...!' She swallowed a giant lump in her throat, her heart beating faster than ever. 'I can't believe this happened... Am I dreaming right now...?'
❀❀❀❀❀