Chapter 7

"So you guys think you can spend the night?"

Ciara, the boys and I were at Jawan's house watching movies and eating ice cream. They claim I seemed depressed and that this was 'just what the Debbie downer needed'. Everyone said yes except for Ciara and I. She looked at me waiting for my answer.

"Well, my mom will probably agree if I say I'm with Janaria. And My step dad... He can shove his opinion all the way up his ass until he feels it in his stomach."

It's not that I don't like him, it's just I don't like what he did to my family. I was a happy child, always smiling. Up until that day. I was at my grammas house when my dad came over, he was supposed to be at work but I thought nothing of it. He asked for some privacy so I went into the living room. Looking out the window, I could see my mom circling the block with some man in her passenger seat. After a while, my father called me back and broke it down. I was young, so he said it as nicely as he could, "Baby your mommy did a bad thing to daddy, so we aren't gonna be together anymore, okay? This doesn't change anything. You're still my bad baby." He hugged me and I cried. Why would she do that? I trusted her, almost as much as he did. That's exactly what I mean, trusting leads to loving and loving gets you hurt. I went outside with my mom and didn't say anything, it was all her fault. For that short time, I hated her and most definitely him.

After they split, we had to stay with my aunt. Whenever my cousins would come over, I'd end up crying myself to sleep. They were so mean to me. I always felt unwanted there. Soon enough, we moved into our own house with "him."

Years later they're happily married. It took some time getting used to but now, I simply don't care. I made it clear that he was not my father and never will be my father. Nothing he says or does will be taken seriously. He was okay with that, so that's where I left it.

"So, I guess it's a sleep over!"

It's been a month since I found out the new guy was actually the wannabe love of my life, which means, it's almost halloween. Hence, why I've been so depressed. I'd never tell them that though, I hate speaking of my uncle. He didn't deserve to die, especially from leukemia. Halloween is his birthday and it's just not the same with out him. Me and Jawan are on speaking terms though, he's been more than friendly. I feel closer and closer to him everyday.

"Let's play a game."

Everyone looked around and shrugged, we sat in a circle, in silence. These idiots didn't even pick a game. "Actually, I'm tired," "me too," "so I guess we'll head off." Prodigy and Prince got up and walked out of the room. Ciara ran closely behind him. That girl can't stay away from him for 6 seconds without losing her mind!

"I guess that leaves us. What do you guys want to play?"

I looked at Jawan, waiting for his answer. Honestly, I don't care. I just want to sleep my life away. "20 questions"

That game is cool I guess. I always know more about a person afterwards.

We decided that Roc would ask all questions while Jawan and I answered.

Q1: Who's sexier, Jawan, or Roc?

J: Jawan is sexy and all but Roc is like niagra falls in my draws sexy!

B: *laughs* really Jawan? You want Roc now? But um..... That's a hard question. Sorry!!

Q2: If you could kiss anyone in this room who would it be?

J: who else?

B: Uhh.....

Jawan stared at me when he answered,it made me lose my train of thought. I ended up saying something along the lines of Rain.