⋆.ೃ࿔*:・New friend*࿔:⋆.ೃ

[Haha, yes, another story for you to read.]

(Childhood au) irl, platonic.

No one’s p.o.v

It was a peaceful day, the birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, the children playing and the adults working. Everyone is having lots of fun. Well…not everyone.

Jason is a bully since he enjoys making others upset. He has just spotted his next victim. Darryl. Darryl has always been a shy kid. He never found it easy to make friends, but his parents always encourage him.

Jason walked up to the swings where Darryl sat, and pushed him off the swing. Darryl looked up at Jason in confusion, but the expression on his face changed to fear when he realised, he is the bully everyone’s been talking about.

Meanwhile, Zak was playing in the sand pit and was making a palace with his bucket and shovel. Then, he heard a scream. “Ahh, let go of my hair!” This caused Zak to stop shovelling sand and look to the direction the screams and pleads were erupting from.

The scene in front of him was sad, and he knew better then to let it continue. There he saw Jason bullying another child. He was pulling his hair and laughing at him.

That’s mean! ’ Zak thought. ‘ I’m gonna be brave and go help the boy. ’ With that, he stood up and launched himself at Jason making him trip and fall down.

Jason looked up at him with rage. “How dare you push me you dumb kid!” Jason yelled. Zak was brave up until then so out of fear, but still wanting to help the boy he grabbed his hand and ran away with him while Jason was still on the ground. “Hey, get back here!” Jason yelled but didn’t make an effort to chase after them.

They both ran to the far end of the park. Zak looked back and when he didn’t see Jason running after the both of them, he relaxed and sat on the bench in front of them. Darryl was still panting with one hand on his chest and the other on his knee in a crouching position.

Soon after, he got up and leaned on the bench exhausted from running.

They both were quiet before Darryl spoke, “Thank you for helping me.” Zak heard this and replied, “I couldn’t have just left you to get bullied by Jason.” Darryl smiled and said, “Well, you still helped me so thank you, you were really brave and I hope one day, I can be as brave as you.”

Zak’s heart warmed up at hearing this and said, “Hehe, you already are, you are really nice and I like you.” “R-really? No one has ever said that to me, not that I have any friends anyway…”

Zak then suddenly held his hand which made Darryl face him. Zak then spoke shyly, “Well, in that case, I can be your friend!”

“R-really?”

“Mhm! We can be the best of friends!”

Darryl looked at him shocked. Then he smiled.

“I would really like that.”

    -------------------------------------------------------

OMG, I actually loved writing this. This is probably my favorite one right now. Omg... The writing for this one is sooo good. 🥲🥺🌹