❤5

In the year 1877's british India:

A new colonel is appointed for Saugandhpur village.
He is colonel Burton.

In few days every villager came to know that he is not human, he is monster.
He is ruthless, merciless and don't tolerate anyone who going against him.

He is ruthless tax collector, duty minded, perfectionist.

But he never misbehaved with any girl in the village.

A haveli built for colonel, in the village.

In the same village lives a poor farmer, his family is consisting of 5 daughters. First two daughters are already married.

3rd daughter is very beautiful and naive.
She is Payal, she won't say against her parents.
Loves her family and works in the farm along with others family members to earn for food.

Everyone is frightened for Burton, no one even look him in his eye, no villager dare to walk in front of him with their head held up.

One day,

While Payal is returning from farm, she heard cries of someone and reached there only to find Burton beating a poor man mercilessly with whip.
His family is sobbing.

The poor man is begging but Burton still continued his punishment.

Seeing the scene Tears filled her eyes and she muffled her mouth with her pallu in order to not shriek.

She hide behind a tree, after Burton and his soliders left she ran to the family and helped them.

" why he beat you, don't he have mercy, how can he be so rude, who gave him the right to beat us.
If we remain silent his torture will grow and we have to suffer like that, we have to raise our voice against him otherwise his cruelty have no boundaries" yelled Payal.

Soon she felt someone pulled her by her arm and she fell down facing the ground
Her face is covered by veil.

" how dare you speak against me" shouted Burton.

He raised his whip and slashed it on Payal's back.

" haaa" she shrieked in pain.

He slashed her again, this time blood oozed causing wound on her back.

Payal's father is informed about the situation by some villager and he came running there.

He feel on the feet of Burton and begged to spare his daughter by holding Burton's leg to pardon Payal.

Burton shoved him away and raised his whip to slash her again.

Payal tried to stood up and her veil slided and revealed her wonded back she slowly turned back and stared at her father, then her messed hair and tear struck innocent beauftul face is revealed.

Burton hand remained in air, he kept staring at Payal even without blinking his eyes,
Payal stood up and her eyes are red due to crying.

Her father again fell on Burton's feet, Burton throw the whip away.
He shoved her father again and stepped towards Payal.

She stepped back in fear looking down.

" what is your name?" Ordered Burton sternly.

" pay..payal" she said with fear.

Burton stared at her from head to toe.
Payal felt his gaze and felt uneasy under his scrutiny.

" leave" ordered Burton sternly.

Payal hesitantly took steps to go, but Burton held her hand startling her.

She turned back and stared at Burton, find him looking at her, she lowered her gaze.

" don't ever dare to speak against me" warned Burton.

Payal didn't uttered a word.

"understand" said Burton aloud.

Payal nodded her head, Burton left her hand and she ran from there not looking back.

She fell on her cot and kept crying for the pain.
Her mom applied turmeric on her wound.

" is it paining?" Asked her mother.

" haa" said Payal gulping her tears.

" then what's the need to speak against that Burton" scolded her mother.

" sorry maa" said Payal.

In Haveli:

Burton is walking here and there recalling the incident.

" what happened to me, am I attracted to a mere Indian girl??,
No no, Burton you should not, what's so special in her there is much more beautiful women in england.
But what so special in this Indian girl.
Her eyes are just like black pearls and her lips are just like rose petals and her sandal colored skin just complemented her features more.

But I slashed her with whip.
I what I did I hurt her, because just she speak bad about me.
I punished so many people but why it's hurting me, do I feel for her, or I just attracted to her.
But I Burton never felt attraction towards any girl.

I have to be strong that girl doesn't suit me, yes she won't suit me" thought Burton standing in the balcony.

Scene shifts to next day:

Payal got up and find her little sisters sleeping and her mom cooking food.
Her father already left for farm.

" your father said not to let you come to farm from today" said Her mother.

Payal didn't say anything went away.
Some time later she picked up her pot to fetch water.

She is walking covering her face with veil and her head bent down.
As soon as she reached lake everyone got up and left without looking at her.
Her friends avoided her after yesterday's incident.

She felt alone and she sat on the steps of the lake and staring at her reflection in water.

But her concentration distracted by the reflection of Burton standing behind her.

Namaste my lovely readers.

Support me by your votes and comments it will be a huge achievement for me.😍

Lots of love to you ❤ 💕