❤42

Burton took Pragya to their room and locked it, he placed her on the bed.

" I will wake you up " He said looking at her, thinking something.

1877 Saugandhpur:

Payal is sleeping she is out of danger but didn't came into conscious.
Burton sat beside her and kept staring at her in hope that she will get up and talk with him.

Instead he heard doctor's voice
" sire, I saved ma'am but.."
" but what?!" Burton asked controlling his anger.

" sire, but..but there will be some side effects, I mean to say, poison spread into her blood stream very quickly, she was saved but still.." doctor is about to talk further, perhaps Burton clutched him by throat and said
" if you can't able to prevent side effects then why you became a doctor, tell me what are the side effects!"
Doctor is unable to breathe and Burton grip didn't loosened and he is asking him to answer his question.
When doctor is at the verge of passing out Burton left him and doctor fell down coughing badly.

After a minute when doctor got much better, Burton walked to him and said looking into his eyes " what are the side effects?"
Doctor is scared to disclose anything right now, but he understood Burton won't let him go until he get answer.
" sire, once ma'am regain conscious I will examine her and I will inform you" doctor said not meeting Burton's eyes.

Burton eyed  him in anger from head to toe and waved his hand in dismissal, doctor left.

Payal's pov:

I can hear faint sounds or let's say shouts around me, but I'm unable to open my eyes.
Slowly the sounds also faded away.
I can only feel something bitter is traveling down from my mouth to throat.

Suddenly, I'm standing on a plain land, there is small pebbles here and there and the sky is looking dark.

I'm alone here, there is not even a   house so far.
What's happening to me, where am I? I started to roam aimlessly like that until I heard someone call me.

"Payal..." a voice called.

I turned around and stared here and there but no one is there.
I again heard my name.

" Payal...." again that voice called.

" who is that??" I asked controlling my increasing fear, while watching hear and there.

Soon I heard my name again, this time just behind me.
I turned around to face whatever or whoever it is.

But to my shock I find a familiar person, a very familiar person whom I thought will never meet me again in my life.
He is standing in front of me, with a gentle smile on his face.

" Payal..." he said looking at me.

" Veer!" I said in astonishment.

As soon as I took his name, my surroundings started to change,
The ground which looked plain, got filled with grass and flowers and the sky which is dark, now filled with stars.

" Veer, I thought you were dead, but..but I'm happy you're back.
Nothing happened to you, I'm sorry for not doing anything to save you, please forgive me" I cried holding his hands.
" now I won't let anything happen to you, I will do everything to save you" I continued to talk, Veer kept hearing everything with same gentle smile.

" Payal, now no one can do anything to me,
I'm free...I'm free from everything, including my body" he said.

" I don't understand, what you're saying?" I said.