❤27

Advance Happy Republic Day 🇮🇳
to you all my lovely readers buddies 🙇‍♀️

Payal stopped her struggle to swim and closed her eyes and she can feel the cold water pulling her inside, she is slowly losing her senses perhaps sound of something heavy fell into river is heard.
But she is not bothered by it, she is about to drown completely.

" my life is going to end now, I never thought i would become a wife to someone who is torturing my people, and who killed my loved ones..." Payal thought but she felt someone grabbing her and started swimming towards the shore.

She can lightly sense what's happening around her, she felt someone carrying her in their arms and hurriedly walked somewhere and carefully placed her down.

Someone slowly tapped on her cheek to make her awake, her body is cold, she can feel someone is rubbing her palms and her feet.
She is feeling everything but she is unable to open her eyes, she became very tired, she can hear some voice " she didn't gulped water, grace to God"

" what's happening to me why am I unable to open my eyes, am I dead, if I'm dead then how can I feel what's happening around me, moreover how can I hear voice?? am I saved??" several thoughts are running in Payal's mind.

She felt a bitter liquid in her mouth and it traveled slowly into her throat.
" hey girl open your eyes, get up, can you hear me?? You're safe open your eyes" said Someone trying to wake up her.

" did i gulped poison?" She thought.
But she felt a bit relieved now,
With much difficulty she opened her eyes but everything is blurry to her.
Someone is waving hand in front of her face " can you see me, are you okay?"

Payal started coughing and started to shiver by the coldness.
She felt two arms helping her to sit.
" you are completely drenched, I will lit fire, wait for a while" she heard some voice and looked at the direction, but unable to find who it is due to darkness.

" you saved me??" She asked looking here and there " yes" came a reply from a little far.

" who are you"? She asked and heard leafs rattling,
" I'm a human like you, now tell me how you ended up in water and I noticed you're not even trying to swim?" Came voice few feet away from her.

Payal thought for a while and said " I tripped on something and fell into river" she said, " what are you doing at this time in forest, don't you know wild animals roam?" That voice asked.

" I...I was" Payal is confused whether to answer the question or not, " here, finally fire lit...now you won't feel cold anymore" said that voice.

In the light of fire, now Payal and the person who saved her are facing each other.
He is Indian, wearing dhoti and he wrapped a shawl around his upper body, his hair is wet and his toppled turban is lying beside him and a dagger 🗡 is present in a fold of his dhoti near his waist.
His neck is adorned with a red thread along with some locket shaped in tiger nail.

" are you feeling better?" He asked Drying his hair looking at Payal.
She nodded her head in yes.
" I'm felt a bitter taste in my mouth?" Payal said.
" don't worry, it is a medicinal liquid derived from leafs, I only poured it in your mouth to make you wake up" he said.
" what is your name?" He asked adding sticks to fire.
" Payal" she replied feeling warmth of fire.

" I can understand you're in some trouble, you're clothes are teared, and you have bruises and cuts on you're hands, what happened?" He asked sitting near fire.
Payal adjusted her duppata to hide her injuries.

" Payal, it's okay if you don't like to share it with me, I assure you, you're safe here" he said.
" what is your name?" Payal asked after battling with her thoughts.

" I'm Veer" he replied, " thanks for saving me" Payal said joining her hands.
" no need to thanks me, it's my duty to save my people" he said sharpening his dagger on a stone.

" you live here?" She asked.
He chuckled and said " I don't have home, I live in forests and hills and sometimes in village too, but no permanent home" he said.

" have some sleep, I will guard no animal will harm you?" He said.
" I never feared of wild animals instead I fear for humans who are danger and cruel than wild animals" she said, and he can sense the pain in her words.

" what's bothering you?" He asked.

Payal eyes filled with tears.

" if you can't share your pain how you will get free from it, listen Payal you can trust me I'm a rebellion against East Indian Company, I won't fear for anyone except God, if you believe me share your pain with me, I will do my best to help you" he said.

Scene shifts:

Burton is searching in forest calling for Payal.
" where are you my lady?" He murmured and find trace of blood drops on the leafs.

He kneeled down and examined the blood on the leafs.
" this blood, oh no... did any animal attacked her?? No...no" he shouted pulling his hair in agony.

" I will find you my love I won't let anything happen to you, it's my fault to behave with you like that" Burton thought and ran following the blood drops.

Namaste my lovely readers.

P.S: this chapter is dictated by your crazy author and written by your author's sister Meera 👭,
As your author is a bit unwell.

Support her by your votes and comments it will be a huge achievement for her.😍

Lots of love to you ❤ 💕