peace

Steve came home from the emergency homes where he had spent the past hours helping out, sighing when the door closed behind him.
He liked doing good things for people, but even he could only watch the peoples demise for so long until it dragged him down.

But when the brunette entered the living room, all of these things fell off his mind, only seeing his boyfriend sitting on the carpet in front of the couch, surrounded by toys, pacifier in his mouth and mumbling around it, a knight figurine in one and a dragon in the other hand.

When Eddie noticed Steve, he squealed, dropping the toys to make grabbing motions towards him.
Steve walked towards the little, sitting next to him on the floor, helping him climb up onto his lap.

„Hey there little one, how was your day?" he cooed, placing a kiss on the littles hairline.
„Was alright Daddy" Eddie replied, dropping the pacifier out of his mouth while speaking.

Steve chuckled and picked it up, putting it onto the couch.
„Yeah? What did my little prince do while Daddy was working?"

Eddie bounced on his lap softly as he began to tell Steve about his day.
„Robby picked me and Lucas up and then we visited sissy! She's still sleeping but I think she knew I was there. And then when Robby dropped me off here again I made lunch all by myself!" he giggled, proud at himself for being able to be by himself for most of the day.

Steve nodded, stroking through Eddies hair as he spoke.
„Sounds like you had a very cool day, sweetheart. Did Rob and you make sure that no one saw you?" he asked.
It pained him to have to hide Eddie like this, but his name still wasn't cleared and he was presumed dead.

Dustin had told him if it hadn't been for Eddie pushing his shield into the ceiling, they might've gotten hurt by the bats.
Ever since, Steve felt even more protective over his boyfriend, always having the little in the back of his head whatever he did.

Steve spent time with Mr. Munson regularly as well, talking about Eddie with him. He hadn't mentioned that the two were dating, but Steve had a sneaking suspicion the man knew.
He was thankful though that he hadn't said anything yet, and he hoped he wouldn't until Eddie was able to go over to his uncle himself again, or have him over.

But since they had returned from the upside down, the boy had have troubles to stay big for longer than a few minutes, likely having to cope with everything that had happened.

Steve didn't mind whatsoever, and neither did their friends who had gotten an explanation after Eddie had have an accident while in the hospital waiting for news on Max when he had fallen asleep and woken up crying, putting a pacifier into his mouth that Steve later learned he had grabbed from his upside down room before leaving.

Robin immediately had taken on the role of the cool aunt as she called it herself, and the others just kind of went along with it.

So now, Steve had been having a little boy at home since Vecna, which had been two weeks prior.
It felt longer, with no immediate danger in sight, but Steve knew it was only a matter of time until they had to encounter this beast again.

„Daddy?" Eddies voice rang through his head, and Steve quickly shook his head to get rid of the racing thoughts.
„Yes darling? What's wrong?" he smiled at the boy in his lap, who looked up at him with big eyes.

„Can we have pancakes for dinner please?" Eddie asked politely, and Steve nodded. He knew he couldn't say no to the boy, even if he wanted to.

Pancakes had turned out to be Eddies all time favourite little food, along with hot chocolate or bananas, which Steve was really grateful for.
He didn't know how many tantrums he would've survived if the boy wouldn't eat something healthy on his own regards.