chapter fourteen

"You called for me, Taeyong." Jaemin entered the room, taking Minjeong by surprise. They hadn't seen each other in a few days because Jaemin was well enough to go back to the dreamies' apartment and not arise any suspicion about his health, and Minjeong was quite happy when he left.

"Yes. Please take a seat." Taeyong motioned to the empty chair on Minjeong's left, "I got a request yesterday, it's from Seoul. You two have a drug deal in Seoul in three days." Taeyong stated.

"Can we switch partners? I don't want to do a mission with her." Jaemin side-eyed the girl that was sitting just a few inches away.

"Why would you want to switch her, and with who?" Taeyong questioned. His answer to the question would remain the same, he just wanted to know Jaemin's reasons.

"We don't get along, you could say." Minjeong piped in, "And he'd probably want to switch me with anyone else from the gang." she added.

"There will be no switching because there can be only two people on the deal, and my only requirement is that they're good drivers," Taeyong said, dismissing the thought of any change to his already established plan.

"Haechan is a good driver." Jaemin protested, and it was starting to get obvious that he'd do anything to not go on a mission with Minjeong.

"Yes, but he didn't set the record for the dead man's zone, and knows very little about GOT7," Taeyong replied. The answer took Jaemin by surprise.

"GOT7?" Minjeong's voice quivered.

"Yes, Minjeong. We will not have the police involved, don't worry. Bambam and Jackson are staying in China for a while, they won't be there." Taeyong said, the girl visibly relaxed after hearing his statement.

"What's the catch?" Minjeong questioned, the thought of Jaemin not wanting to work with her long forgotten.

"GOT7 wants to leave JYP and merge with the Dragons. They would be based in either Seoul or here in Neo. Jackson and Bambam are in China on some mission, but we have everything planned out. All you have to do is make it seem like the mission was a failed one and they will end up chasing you here. The whole plan is in these files, so read through them and stick to the plan," Taeyong handed the two copies to the pair in front of him, "Stick to the plan, no matter what happens. This has to work. You are dismissed."

Jaemin and Minjeong thanked their boss and left his office.

"Don't think that I want to go on a mission with you, I just respect Taeyong enough to not question his motives." Minjeong spat at the boy as soon as the elevator doors closed and they started moving downwards, "And don't think I'm doing it for your sake. I'm doing it for GOT7."

"You know them well, don't you?" Jaemin asked, not sparing a look in her direction.

"Bambam saved my life. I owe them this much." Minjeong replied before stepping out of the elevator on AESPA's floor.

Her response left Jaemin dumbfounded. He knew by now that she had lots of connections, but how was she close to a JYP gang?

Minjeong visited Renjun later that day and saw Jaemin just as he was about to leave.

"Don't forget to read through the plan," Minjeong said before kicking off her shoes and making her way to Renjun's room.

"What are you painting, Jun?" Minjeong asked as she entered his room.

"It's an art project. Do you like it?" Renjun looked over his shoulder to see her reaction, the girl just smiled at him and closed her eyes.

"It's amazing," she commented before plopping on his fluffy black carpet.

"Didi you do well on the finals? We haven't talked much after, so I never got the chance to ask how it went." Renjun said.

"It was fine, I guess. I will pass, that's all that matters." Minjeong replied, "What about you?"

"It went better than I expected." Renjun smiled as he recalled Chenle's reaction when he came home and said that he could hang out more often.

"That's good to hear."

"Something's on your mind," Renjun stated.

"You know me well." Minjeong sighed.

"Do you want to talk about it? I'm all ears." Renjun reassured.

"You've heard about GOT7, right?" Minjeong asked, the boy nodding as a way of telling her to continue, "Bambam is one of their youngest members, we were pretty close when I lived back in Seoul. He saved my life one time, and we've been friends ever since. His boss is my ex's boss, and GOT7 wants to merge with the Dragons, and since I'm going on a mission to Seoul to help them, I'm worried about what Jaemin will do," Minjeong sighed as she got up from the floor, "I don't trust him."

"I get where your worries are coming from, but when it comes to the gang, Jaemin is one of the most serious members. Especially on missions that are outside of Neo," Renjun said before placing down his paintbrush and looking at Minjeong, "He will follow through with the plan, whatever it is. You can trust him on missions, he's a completely different person then."

"I guess we'll have to wait and see." Minjeong shrugged.

She had a gut feeling that Jaemin would insist on taking his car, even though Minjeong was most familiar with Taeyong's.

Minjeong just wanted the mission to go well because she knew what could happen if JYP found out about GOT7's plan.

"You should get going, we have lectures in the morning," Renjun said once he was done with his painting.

"I've been here a few hours, haven't I?" Minjeong scratched the back of her head. She had been watching a kdrama on her laptop and forgot about the passing time.

"Yeah. You look like you haven't slept well in a while, that's why I'm telling you to go home and sleep." Renjun noted.

"Fine. I'll go sleep. Tomorrow is the day before winter break after all." Minjeong reminded herself as she patted her cheeks to wake herself up a bit.

"Which means that after the mission you'll get to sleep as much as you want," Renjun concluded.

"I haven't thought that far." Minjeong pouted.

"You're an idiot." Renjun laughed at the girl that was just now starting to understand that she could fix her non-existent sleep schedule soon.

He practically showed her out of the apartment, reasoning that the sooner she got home the sooner she could sleep. Minjeong was always amazed by how smart Renjun was, but maybe she was lacking because of the daily caffeine input, which was proven bad for her health, but it wasn't like she was going to listen to Jaemin.

She'd rather be caught by the police than follow his advice, and she thought that wasn't going to change.

‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎