chapter sixteen

By the way Minjeong and Jaemin conversed whenever she came over to their apartment, Renjun could tell something in their relationship had changed.

"You two seem closer than before," Renjun noted as he watched Minjeong slump next to him on the couch, the apron she stole from their kitchen still loosely hanging around her neck and waist.

"I guess we are past the hate part of the relationship," Minjeong agreed as she looked over to the kitchen, making sure the oven was on, "But if you are implying that we are friends, I think Jaemin's brain is too fried from all the medicine he's been learning to be on that level of human interactions."

"I heard that." Jaemin voiced from somewhere in the apartment.

"Not my problem," Minjeong retorted.

"Are you liking the gang?" Renjun questioned as he placed his phone on the coffee table.

"Yeah, it's great. I have enough money to buy my dream car and bike, so I'm very satisfied." Minjeong proudly stated.

"What's your dream car?" Jisung asked from the kitchen.

"Ford Mustang. The 2020 model came out a few weeks ago, I've been waiting for it the whole year. I'm going to buy it for myself as a Christmas gift. The Yamaha R6 is next on my wish list." Minjeong replied.

"That's actually a good choice. I've been eyeing the Mustang myself." Jaemin said as he took a seat next to Jisung.

"Which color?" Minjeong questioned as she turned her head back to look at him.

"Black. It suits the car." Jaemin replied. He was either going to buy red or black, and he decided on black just because he knew that the red wouldn't match his aesthetic.

"I think red is better, but choose as you wish." Minjeong shrugged. Black was a great color for the Mustang, but she always wanted the color to be red, and nothing was going to change her mind.

"Minjeong, I have a question," Jisung spoke up, "Shoot."

"Can you teach me how to drive, and maybe drift? I want to be a street racer, but Jaemin said he doesn't want to mentor me." Jisung said a pouting expression on his face that was directed towards Jaemin.

"I would, Jisung, but street racing is dangerous. Jaemin knows that too, that's why he refused. I can teach you how to drive, but if you want to race you have to get permission from Taeyong first. And it would be best if you asked him to mentor you." Minjeong explained, "What's so funny, Jaemin?" Minjeong shot the boy a glare.

"You were so serious right now, I thought you were planning a murder or something." Jaemin cracked a joke.

"I will plan your murder if you don't stop giggling like a five-year-old." Minjeong huffed, "Whatever." Jaemin playfully rolled his eyes at the girl.

"Are you racing tonight?" Minjeong asked as she took the cinnamon buns out of the oven and put the raw cupcakes in.

"No. Are you?" Jaemin questioned as he took out a few plates.

"Yes, but I don't know who I'm racing against. Any ideas?" the boy just shook his head at her question, making her pout.

"I can come with you if you'd feel safer. I know that Taeyong isn't your mentor anymore, so he isn't obligated to come to every race you attend." Jaemin offered as Minjeong placed a bun on his plate.

"You can come if you want to, but don't feel pressured about it. I'm fine on my own, at the end of the day." Minjeong replied.

"Whose car are you taking?" the boy asked before taking a bite of the bun, "Taeyong's. He said he'd let me use it for as long as I wanted to." Minjeong explained while the boy only nodded in understanding.