chapter twenty

Minjeong got a call from one of her friends a few days back. He said that there were some underground races in his town that were very popular, so he wanted to ask her if she wanted to attend them.

Taeyong called her, saying the same thing. So, when she got home from university that day, she told Jaemin about it, and he agreed that they should go, even though he's never been there.

"What were you planning on packing?" Minjeong asked as she shifted in her position, making herself more comfortable while Jaemin remained under her, no body parts moving except his hands that were resting on her moving figure.

"I don't know. Let's think about that tomorrow, yeah?" the boy suggested, not really in the mood to get up.

"That lecture today sure took a lot out of you." Minjeong chuckled.

"No, I just didn't drink coffee today," Jaemin admitted, his hot breath leaving a tingling sensation on her neck.

"That's weird. Are you feeling all right?" she asked, worry somewhat evident in her voice, but Jaemin could tell that she was worried by the way her eyes roamed all over his face.

"I guess. I'm just tired." Jaemin yawned before stretching his arms in the air.

"Have you eaten anything?" Minjeong questioned as she sat up.

"Yeah. There were some leftover cinnamon buns so I just ate that." Jaemin replied.

"Okay. I'm going to go grab something to eat. I'll be right back." Minjeong smiled at the boy.

"Hurry up, Mini," Jaemin called out.

Minjeong didn't take long, but the toll coffee had on Jaemin was evident because the boy was fast asleep once she opened the bedroom door. She turned off the light and snuggled close to him, only for his arms to sneak up on her waist and pull her closer. Unfortunately, she was also too sleepy to think about anything and fell asleep as soon as she gave him a forehead kiss.

It took them a long while to get out of bed in the morning, one reason being that it was a Saturday. Nevertheless, the two had suitcases to pack and gas tanks to fill, so they got to work.

Chaewon already made lunch plans with AESPA and DREAM, and since the two couldn't back out of it, the afternoon would be wasted on spending time with their friends, which only shortened their free time. But they didn't mind, because they wouldn't see their gangmates for a few weeks.

Minjeong was happy that Jimin and Renjun were getting along well because she was the one to introduce them to each other. It was pretty obvious that the two liked each other, so the rest of the gang members decided to ditch the assigned hang-out spot to leave the two alone. She wanted to ask Jimin whether she wanted to join the gang but figured that it'd be better to take it slow, and maybe Renjun would ask her himself.

"You know, maybe it was mean of us to just ditch them." Jaemin thought aloud as they walked through a different mall.

"They'll get together before the end of the spring semester," Minjeong said which eased their minds a little bit, but Haechan was fast to return the conversation upside down.

"Let's bet on it." the boy suggested.

"We didn't bet when it came to your relationship. Why would we bet on theirs?" Jeno reasoned, but Haechan had already set his mind on the bet, and there was no way anyone could talk him out of it.

"We bet on yours, Jeno." Chaewon was quick to defend her boyfriend, which resulted in Jeno being mad at Haechan, and Haechan dropping the whole betting thing because he didn't want to get his ass beaten by the other.

"You guys are leaving for Beijing soon, right?" Aeri decided to change the subject.

"The races start next week, so we're leaving in two days to go to the racing track before and practice." jaemin explained.

"How long will you be staying?" Haechan questioned.

"For three weeks at most. Beijing has races all year round, so we'll probably go in the summer as well." Minjeong replied. She got information from her friend that Beijing would host world-class races in the summer, and she wouldn't miss the opportunity to take part in them.

"Good luck then. I don't know if we'll see each other before you leave, but call us when you arrive." Minji said as she hugged Minjeong. Soon, that hug turned into a group hug with Minjeong  and Jaemin in the middle.

The group parted ways, Mark and Yena went their own way, Haechan, Jeno, Chaewon, and Aeri decided to get lunch together, Chenle and Jisung went to a newly-opened arcade, and Jaemin and Minjeong went to the Neo race track.

It was peaceful when they came, there were no races scheduled for that day, and there weren't many people who would come to the track on a Thursday.

"I'm going to miss this," Minjeong commented as the two sat on the stands.

"We'll be back before you know it, don't stress too much," Jaemin swung an arm around her shoulder and brought her closer.

"I know, but it'll still be weird to not come here for three weeks." she sighed and snuggled closer to the boy. She naturally had a lower body temperature than normal, and while those extra layers in the chilly winter that consumed Neo City did help, the warmth was only maintained that much.

"Think about it this way. No matter where we are, we'll always come back here. Because our gang is here," Jaemin concluded, "Our family will be in Neo City, so Neo City will be our home as long as the Dragons roam the streets of Neo."

"As long as the city is ours?" Minjeong asked.

"Neo is our home, as long as we're the leaders. As long as we're together."

As long as we're together.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎