LOVE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT: pt 1

So this is not a one shot story ...
This is also published as an individual book
Check out my profile to read ...as chapters
I am also publishing here parellely as it is an Mewgulf short fanfic
Hope you love and support ❣️

The sound of washing machine running indicated that Lorry is home
Lorry is home.... Mew threw away the manga he was reading ....
He will be here soon ....
He is the charming man on whom he has a big fat crush on ....He looked down at what he was wearing...
A normal white tee-shirt and a black shorts ....he scrunched his face In distaste ....Nope ..
He jumped up and ran to the shower ..
The scorching sun of August made the water hot even without running the hater ..
He got showered quick ... And dressed up in the gray sweats that attenuated his muscles, well styled his hair in the vibe he has seen as he is like he made sure that he is worth the double take ...
After a good prep talk to himself and calming his haywire nerves he slowly descended stairs, The old beat up car that was parked in the driveway made him smile ...
He is here he wanted to giggle ...like a child who got candy, but he holds himself back ...
And descended the stairs slowly calming down his nerves ....
He walked towards the kitchen ... The abnormally large house made the walk to the kitchen take forever
He silently reached the kitchen, his eyes flashed around the kitchen for the one he was looking for ...
Normally he would be standing leaning on the kitchen counter talking to his mother while she worked .... Today nobody was in the kitchen, and it was practically empty ...the sound of the running washing machine he could hear ...

Hey Mew you need something son ? The sudden voice from his behind made him jump.Lorry stood in the kitchen entrance carrying loads of shopping bags from their nearby supermarket .... And strong footsteps followed her .

A tall boy in a blue jean and their school football teams jersey appeared behind her, carrying another handful of shopping bags ...he was tall ... Taller than Mew ... His arms showed that he regularly worked out toned but not overly muscled ...his hair freshly showered tousled in waves in golden brown glistened in the evening golden sun ....
Umm... Mew Couldn't avert his eyes from the man ... He struggled to find his voice ....
No ... I just came to grab a drink... He somehow managed to say, suddenly opening the fridge and grabbing a drink that he wouldn't normally prefer ...he couldn't care less ..
The only motive was to not embarrass himself ..
Oh! do you need a cold coffee? Lorry asked while set down the groceries on the kitchen isle .
No, no ... I'm good ... Mew said, fidgeting and opening the drink while hurriedly taking a sip to hide his embarrassed face from Gulf's view ... Gulf was setting his shopping bags on the Isle as well looked at Mew, causing him to choke on his drink .... Which threw him into fits of cough ...
Lorry rushed forward and started patting his forehead to help him ease the coughs
Careful she whisper scolded Mew for his carelessness ...
Sorry Mew managed to say his eyes forming tears from coughing ...
The loud alarm was heard ...oh Lord ...
Lorry gasped and rushed towards the laundry area
Help him, she instructed her son before rushing out ... Gulf who stood there awkwardly the whole time slowly came forward ... And after a moment of awkwardness, he slowly started tapping the coughing Mew ...
Mew's face hearted up... He was in the kitchen coughing like crazy ... And his crush whom he was trying to impress with his looks patting his head awkwardly ...
Fucked up big time ... Mew's face hearted up in shyness ...
Careful ... Gulfs deep voice echoed ..
It was those rare times when they were in close vicinities and talked ....
As Mew's cough subsidized, Gulf stopped patting and moved back to his normal position on the kitchen isle ... He crossed his arms on the chest and observed...
Mew's face splashed a ting of red under his scrutiny ...he took another sip and leaned on the fridge ....
You normally won't drink that .... Gulf said suddenly his eyes fixed on the drink that Mew. was having ...
Mew was amazed ... Gulf knew what he drank daily ...
Umm! the other one ran out ... Mew said shyly... He felt a tinge of happiness...even though it was a mere fact ... But he couldn't help but be giddy thinking that Gulf noticed it.
Here ,we bought it while at the store... Gulf took a bottle of orange juice ....Mew's favorite drink from the shopping bag and handed it over
Mew's face lit up so fast ... Wow .... I searched for this one for so long it was sold out everywhere, he said genuinely happy ...
Yup! Gulf said trading the drink with Mew and taking way what he was having...
Mew happily slipped the drink... His awkwardness was gone ... He felt at ease ...
The atmosphere at home was so calm the big house was eerily silent his mother and father currently on a business trip and his big brother thorn at the company managing as the CEO he was alone at home most of the time ...
Gulf was eyeing Mew ... Sipping the drink that he took from Mew ... His face scrunched in distaste
"yuck !!!", he said, placing the drink on the isle ...
"This is shit", he whispered eyeing the drink in distatted Mew chuckled at his cute expression ..
'So how was the match ?", he asked ...
It went well Gulf said leaning back
We.won....
That's nice .... Mew said his Interest genuine ...
Hmm, Gulf hummed ...
After a pause ...
Why won't you come to any of the games .... Mew felt a pang in the heart
... I .... Don't like crowds he whispered, his eyes cast downwards...
Gulf said nothing, and Mew didn't want to see his reaction ... He couldn't take it if Gulf also showed dissapoinmemt ...
It's ok, he hears Gulf gently whisper after a pause of the moment ...
You think I am weird, right .. Mew asked, his voice meek and shallow .... He felt his chest confront in discomfort...
He was a loner ... At school ...he had no friends ... He was the entitled rich kid who acted like he never cared... It was true, he never cared .When people talked shit behind his back.... People get really irritated when they fail to draw a desired reaction by bullying him so that they
talked shit ....
He never cared, but he cared... What Gulf think about him ... He wanted to be good ... Good for Gulf ....
Gulf on the other hand was the campus sweetheart so gentle... so likeable ....so friendly l...he we as liked and adored by everybody ...
Good at sports ... Good at studies ..
A social butterfly
At school, they acted like they never knew each other ... They didn't know why, but they never talked or even smiled as they walked past each other ....
Nobody knew that Gulfs mother was Mew's house help ...and Mew never told anybody ... So does Gulf... It remained a secret ... A secret neither of them disclosed for no reason...
Nobody knew they know each other that they meet each often like this ...
Nope ... I don't think you are wired...you are just different...Gulf whispered ... I just asked ...
That's another good way of saying that... Mew said his voice funny at Gulfs words
No ..no ...I know you don't like crowds and people .. People can be difficult at times
They would say shit when you don't play like they want you to .... It's ok ...Gulf said playing with his hands trying to ease the situation... It's always been like this ...silence prevailed in between them, a comfortable silence .