6

JUNGKOOK POV

The neighborhood really was pretty charming with cute old houses, scenic vistas and a street full of cute shops.

Stretching my legs helped clear my mind and if I sat around Guk's place, I'd just start moping again.

I always assumed I would eventually marry someone in London and get citizenship that way.

It was as much of a plan as I ever put together.

Instead, I'd strung together ten years of work visas with good luck and charm always hoping for something that would last.

And even though I had decided that I needed to spend this time with Guk to sort myself out, having no way of moving back made me long for my old friends and favorite places.

Yikes. I shook my head.

I really needed to not long after things I couldn't have.

It was much more my style to embrace whatever the day brought me.

Still, I paused long enough to send a text to Jennie.

I had spent a happy year dating her when I was in my early twenties and after, we'd easily switched to being close friends.

Call me? Miss you.

I sighed, then rounded a corner and came face to face with the solution to all my problems a theater running cheap matinees of old movies.

A temporary fix to my problems, maybe, but a fix anyway.

The big brick building sat across from a tiny park and a bus stop.

On the white marque, the Theater announced a couple of new releases and the afternoon's matinee,the 1996 Romeo .

I gasped,the one I'd watched obsessively in middle school as I formed crushes on literally everyone in the cast.

It was exactly what I needed to clear my head and I skipped as I walked in and treated myself to a popcorn.

There was nothing quite as relaxing as seeing a matinee by yourself.

I loved enjoying a movie with a date or a friend too but there was just something special about disappearing from the world for a few hours in the middle of the day.

It felt like a secret. Like playing hooky.

The theater was small and there was only a scattering of other people at the movie, which was perfect.

I lost myself in the flashy film with a wide goofy bunny smile plastered on my face.

I bobbed my leg along to the music and mouthed my favorite lines and got tied up in the tragedy of it all.

When it was done, I felt light again and ready to face the day.

I pushed open the door and the bright daylight made me blink a few times.

When my vision cleared, I saw a silver car with a bulgy front something that looked overpriced.

And a second later, I realized Jimin was standing in front of it, a phone dangling loosely from his hand while he stared at me with those dark sliver  eyes.

What the hell, The guy's eyes matched his car.

"Oh hey Jungkook."

"Funny seeing you here."

I glanced over my shoulder at the Ringhouse. "You catching a movie?"

He held his phone up and gestured with it. "I just pulled over to take a call."