26

JUNGKOOK POV

For a couple of days, I basically just hid in my room.

Guk and I talked briefly a few times but he always got frustrated and stomped off.

I knew he was stopping himself from saying something he'd regret, which I appreciated but it still hurt.

After dinner, I sat in the middle of my bed and opened my laptop.

I had ten or so different studio apartments pulled up and I was trying to decide what my price range was.

I was being realistic.

That was the whole point of moving back in the first place.

I was going to put my head on straight, figure my life out and stop dragging my heart through the gutter.

And being realistic meant admitting to myself that things at home and at work had turned into a big mess and they didn't seem to be getting better any time soon.

The time to move was yesterday and maybe once I was out of the condo, Guk and Jimin would have the space to make up and act like best friends again.

After emailing a few places, I stretched out on the bed and opened up my texts with Jimin.

We'd kept in touch that way a little bit and even though I was trying to give everyone space to work through their feelings, I needed him too much right then to resist reaching out.

Thinking of you. Hope you have a good night at the hotel.

I waited a second, my heart pounding and the little dots appeared.

Waiting for room service in my robe.

Sounds glamorous.

It's more like sad travelling businessman, How are things at home?

Pretty much the same as they have been. I'm hiding.

Let me know if you need anything. Thinking of you.

Sweet dreams, Enjoy your room service.

I stared at the messages for a while, then finally put my phone down. Even though everything was falling apart, it helped that Jimin and I were in it together.

We understood each other and the guilt we were both carrying and even just a few texts with him helped me settle down a little.

A knock on the door startled me, and I jumped to my feet. "Hi." I said as I swung the door open.

"Can we talk?"

I joined Guk in the living room.

He had a stern, sad look on his face and he'd changed into his old pajama pants and a worn T-shirt, a definite sign that he was depressed.

I tried not to let the guilt eat me up and took a seat across from him.

"I talked to Jimin at the office yesterday." he started.

I nodded and kept my mouth shut knowing that I needed to listen.

"I'm sure you heard at work that he fired the Hank family, I could not figure out why he did it."

"They're our biggest client and he worked his ass off to land them, He already knew how bad the family was and he knew their reputation in the city."

"So I couldn't figure out why he'd turn around and just throw the account in the trash like that."

I had heard about the Hank family, although only from the other employees.

Jimin hadn't told me about it yet and I realized that it was possible he had gotten in a fight because he pushed about the movie theater for me, something I could totally see him doing.