16 (M)

JUNGKOOK POV

"Ow! Shit! Ow!"

Guk hopped on one foot and held his ankle.

We were all down at the water, just starting a lazy day.

Tae was in the middle of telling me about the Trifid Nebula, a cloud of star dust he promised to show me in the night sky that evening, while his boyfriend rubbed sunblock on his arms.

"You okay?" I asked, jumping up from my seat.

Guk was holding the ankle he'd injured in high school volleyball, which pretty much answered my question for me.

"I forgot my brace," he winced, then glared at the ground.

"Stupid stump."

Jimin appeared by Guk's side and slid an arm around my brother's shoulder to support his weight.

It struck me that he'd done this before, just like I had and a wave of satisfaction hit me, knowing that Guk was taken care of.

"We can get one at the drug store, right?" Jimin asked. "Easy fix."

"Probably," Guk answered.

He lowered his injured ankle and gingerly set his foot on the ground. "I didn't twist it that bad."

"Don't worry," Jimin offered.

"I can run to town and get it for you, You all just enjoy the day, I'll be back later with some cold beers."

"I should go with you to see what they have." Guk said.

"I'll be able to make the hike if you don't mind going slow."

"No!" Hobi interjected abruptly.

His boyfriend looked up to him, perplexed. "No?"

"I just mean that Tae and I have a few things we need in town, too. Let us go."

Jimin tilted his head slightly to the side and shot hobi a look I didn't understand but relented.

"Sure," he finally said. "I guess that's fine."

Everyone shuffled around for a bit to make the plan.

When Jimin shot another funny look at hobi, I realized that he and I were going to be left alone together at the swimming hole.

Had Jimin told hobi what was going on between us? I guess it only made sense.

His other best friend was obviously a no-go if he needed advice on whatever we were doing and Hobi and Tae both seemed like total sweethearts.

They were definitely the kind of guys he could trust.

I just felt nervous that the conspiracy was getting out of hand.

If everyone except for Guk knew what was up, that was pretty crappy of us.

And it wasn't helping my guilt that I felt a little excited about this alone time Jimin and I were about to catch.

It was definitely bad form to celebrate my brother's twisted ankle and the fact that jimin's other friends were about to disappear.

Definitely bad form.

Very selfish of me but that didn't make it any less of a thrill.

Once they disappeared down the path, Jimin and I turned to each other.

He was wearing a pair of mesh basketball shorts and a tank top that allowed me to study the lean muscles of his biceps.

He hadn't been styling his hair the same as he did back home and the wind tousled the loose strands as he smiled.