14

JUNGKOOK POV

Once I sat down with Jimin and confirmed that everything was chill, I was able to relax again.

I didn't feel great about breaking Guk's trust but I meant what I told Jimin.

I had an extremely memorable experiment in hooking up and even if I could have taken it back, I'm not sure that I would.

I meant most of what I told him, at least.

As I figured him out more, I realized he actually would be a pretty wonderful boyfriend.

It was surprisingly easy to imagine holding his hand while we walked down the street or making something special for desert when I knew he'd had a long day at the office.

So even though I meant it when I said I wasn't going to do any of my typical Jungkook things, a tiny part of me still wanted to fall for him.

Especially since it felt so, so good to flirt.

Jimin practically begged me to tease him, considering some of the stuff that slipped through his lips and the reward of getting him flustered and worked up was too tempting to resist.

My phone yanked me from my thoughts.

Jennie was finally calling me back.

"Hello?" I was lying on my bed, and I shot straight up.

I was desperate to talk to her.

"Darling Kookie, How's your new home?"

"Better now that you've called back."

"You know I have to torment you with my silence for a while first."

"I thought for sure you'd come back after the affair."

Not only had her had the unique experience of dating me, she was also ten years older and quite a bit wiser, although I was occasionally reluctant to admit it.

"Sorry," I sighed.

"The jobs and the money, and all the rest of it..." I trailed off.

"Yes, I understand and I'm sorry I didn't know of any job openings last minute. I wish I could have flipped the magic switch and have you back again." I heard the sounds of our old street in the background.

"Are you finding everything you're looking for, sweetheart?"

I fell back down on the bed. "More or less, How's the magazine?"

"Fabulous,You'll have to keep up The new issues should be easy to find in New York."

"Unless you're too wrapped up in a new relationship already?"

I turned my eyes toward the door. Jimin and Guk were both at the office but I still lowered my voice.

"Not exactly, I had a hookup with Guk's best friend. He's like, my boss and roommate."

"A hookup? I thought you didn't do that kind of thing."

"I don't, I did." I sighed. "I don't know, It was pretty hot."

"I'm sure, although I'm surprised to hear you say it."

"Hot bosses were never really your type and you aren't falling madly truly deeply for him?"

"No, This feels nothing like when I fall in love, Jimin feels like friendship plus lust or something. You know, love for me has always happened at first sight."

"Jimin's just like... there."

"If you say so," She laughed.

"You had to grow on me, don't you remember? And we certainly love each other."