27

JIMIN POV

The fact that Guk had asked me to meet him at a bar instead of at the condo or the firm seemed like potentially a bad omen.

You asked someone to meet in public when you were planning to serve them divorce papers or reveal that you've been gambling away all the other person's money.

Not when you were making up.

Making up would happen back at home.

I found Guk in the back, sitting in a booth and I steeled myself for whatever he had to say.

I needed to get through this if I had any chance of earning my best friend back and I needed to win his trust again if I were ever going to have a shot with Jungkook.

Jungkook still texted me and we still shared little smiles at the office, He hadn't disappeared entirely, thank god. I didn't know if I could have handled that.

But I couldn't touch him and watching him from far away was torturous.

I love him and nothing else was going to change that fact.

I took a seat across from Guk.

A glass of beer was waiting there for me, which seemed like a good sign.

"I have a question for you." Guk said.

I nodded, then took a drink from the foamy beer. "Okay."

"Are you in love with my brother?"

My neck tensed painfully and my ears felt hot.

Guk gave me an even, steady stare, as serious as I'd ever seen on his very serious face.

"Yes." I managed. There was no use in lying and the truth was the best way forward. "I am."

"Holy shit." Guk took another drink of his beer.

There was anger on his face, but I saw that he was pushing through it. "I never thought you'd fall in love with anyone."

I laughed. "Me either."

He rubbed his hand over his face, then nodded. "I'm not going to try to stop you two."

My heart jumped. "You're not?"

"No, It wouldn't work anyway."

"I know how you both are, It doesn't mean I'm happy about the way you lied to me though."

"And I guarantee for a while, whenever I see you two touch each other, I'm going to go blind with rage."

I sucked a breath through my teeth. "I'm not looking forward to that."

"Give me time," he said then knocked the table.

"But Jungkook stuck up for you He told me how you helped him and he explained that he's the one who came onto you and I want to tell you something else."

"I'm glad you fired the Hank family."

I startled, surprised at the turn in conversation. "What about the finances? You said we were going to be screwed."

"You and I have been dumping everything we earn back into the business for years, We need the Hank account if we're going to keep building but maybe we can hold steady for a while. Pick a different kind of client when we add to our list again, stay the size we are? It's a great group, and we run without a hitch."

"That's against all of my instincts." I said. "And I actually think it's the perfect idea."

Guk chuckled. "Yeah, I knew you would."