11

JIMIN POV

It was Friday just a few mins shy of six when Bell called with her latest crisis.

Typical that she would wait until my weekend was about to start but with a new scandal breaking on the gossip blogs and a major interview with her favorite magazine the next morning, at least the urgency made sense this time.

"Jimin, you just have to figure this out for me. Like, what if they ask about the photos?"

I was glad she couldn't see the frustrated scowl on my face.

"We've got you covered, Bell." I said, broadcasting confidence I didn't actually have.

"They're just photos of you on a jet ski."

"There's nothing to worry about."

Sure, she obviously had a bong hanging from her hand and it turns out the jet ski was stolen from her father's friend, a very conservative and very public evangelical figure But by morning, I'd be able to figure something out.

"It was nearly five years ago." I assured her.

"Can we just meet up?"

"I always feel so much better when we meet up."

"You're always welcome at the office." I offered knowing she just wanted to drag me out to whatever club she was attending that night.

She sighed. Even her sigh was musical, her breath lilting.

"Okay."

"I'll come by after dinner so you can give me the plan in person."

"Thanks, Jimin!"

I stood, searching for an excuse but came up flat.

Bell and Hank were our two biggest clients at the moment and with some recent hires around the office stretching our budget, I wasn't about to shake the boat.

Or the jet ski, in this case.

"Sure, Just let me know when you're on the way."

I took off my jacket and unbuttoned my collar.

So much for going home and working from there.

A knock pulled my attention to the open door.

Jungkook stood there holding a sheet of paper in his hand.

"Can I interrupt?"

He had on a denim button-up with red flowers printed all over it, which he wore tucked into a stylish pair of slim-fitting jeans.

Like just about every time I looked at him, I fell apart internally then pieced myself back together slowly.

He was just so beautiful And no matter how many times I tried to convince myself other wise, after that afternoon, Jungkook flirted with me.

Maybe he was just teasing.

Maybe it was normal with his friends in London to talk to each other that way.

It could mean just about any thing, I reasoned with myself.

Even though when he stood there, his implied offer echoed through my skull.

If I were going to hook up with someone, you would be perfect.

"Sure, what's up?" I finally answered.

Jungkook crossed into the room and handed me the paper.

"The list of possible causes for the Hank family to support came in."