💚💛 My Home

“If somebody does come. If they try to mess with this family, then we will take them on together.”

Hearing those words from Lena’s mouth made Kara realise almost as if she was hit by a sudden jolt of epiphany...that she is not alone anymore.

Those green eyes held such depth and gravity that Kara almost thought she was going to lose herself in them.

There was a pause, before Lena smiled all too brightly and husked in Kara’s native tongue, “El Mayarah.”

Stronger together.

The dam she had held for so long finally broke and Kara knew this was her sister’s wedding day. This was a day of happiness. This was a day when she made bird nests with her favorite niece. This was a day she had welcomed Kelly into the Danvers family. This was a day she had hugged Eliza and cried with her when Alex and Kelly said their vows to each other.

And yet…

Nothing could have prepared her for this very moment. This moment….this was so profound and the reason for it was...Lena.

She had always been Kara’s reason for just being and existing.

As an individual, Kara had felt lost and afraid for so long. But at this moment, she knew she was not alone. That she had Lena by her side. For always.

And that broke her. In a good way.

Tears started falling freely, down her cheeks and she took off her specs to wipe the tears from her eyes, sobbing with occasional sniffles.

But this time, unlike the Pulitzer party, Lena didn’t leave her in silence. Instead, she held Kara by her arms and whispered, “hey, hey, hey...it’s okay..” almost cooing her to comfort.

Kara didn’t know what to do with herself. Her emotions were all over the place and in the spur of a moment, her eyes kept on darting towards Lena’s lips. She had to vocalise out loud that they were “friends” in order to remind herself not to breach any kind of trust with Lena especially since she didn’t want to lose Lena all over again.

Kara thought, losing Lena all over again, would be a worse fate than dying.

Which is why she started the monologue as, “Of all the friends I ever had”, reminding herself that they are just friends but then she quickly added the bit she was truly feeling about Lena, “you have pushed me the most.”

Her eyes lingered once again on Lena’s lips. She unknowingly licked her own lips at the thought of imagining how it would feel to get a taste of Lena’s sweetness but quickly dismissed those thoughts and continued with her monologue, “challenged me the most...”

A small smile crept at her lips as she saw Lena’s face brighten up with a grin and her eyes shimmering with her own tears.

The hug, in the next second, was largely anticipated by Kara but she still managed to melt in Lena’s embrace. Lena’s warmth brought comfort to Kara’s very soul.