Chapter 26

I thought I was the only one who went through something that day. I considered that as our first fight since we became official because other than that, we don't have issues.

Noah is a perfect boyfriend and I am trying my best to be one as well. Kung kami lang dalawa at walang iniintinding iba sa relasyon, siguradong wala kaming problema but hell, it can't be perfect, can it?

It cannot be perfect because the difference on our way of living affects the perspective of my parents to my future that apparently, will affect them too. Hindi pa kasi sila kuntento sa yaman nila, gusto nila hanggang sa pagtanda umaangat lang sila.

I was hopeful that they will change their mind or I was wrong in thinking that they won't like him but the next morning I confronted them, they told me that he cannot be the one.

I needed someone to talk with, it cannot be Noah for I don't want to hurt him anymore. I know he is insecure with the life that he has and telling him about my problem right now is like rubbing salt on his wounds.

So I went to Amalia, pero naabutan ko sila ni Luis na nag aaway.

"Are you cheating on me? Tell me the truth." Her eyes speaks hatred but more on pain while tears are falling from her eyes.

They stare at each other's eyes for awhile. I wonder how they hold that gaze cause I can't even look at them on that situation. I left because it hurts seeing their relationship fall apart, the relationship that my best friend used to dream for her to have. Amalia invested so much to it and now it's falling, meeting its distraction and no one knows if it has a chance of being fixed, not even them.

I needed someone to talk with but I guess I cannot have that now so I called Noah and in his arms I realized that one's presence could be everything you need when everything seems to be falling apart.

"May problema?" He asked.

I shook my head as I look at him.

We are on a park, sitting on a bench, with kids running and playing around. I am not that old yet, in fact I am still so young but I think I can understand why people say that being a child is the best because you don't have to worry about anything you worry now, being a child means thinking of a way on how to make up with a friend or what to show them tomorrow.

"Bakit ka malungkot?" Noah asked.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit pero bigla na lang akong napangiti sa tanong niya.

I close my eyes as I put my head on his shoulder. When I open my eyes, nakita kong nakatingin lang siya sa akin.

I know I cannot just say its nothing when it is obvious on my face so I need to think of something.

"Gusto kong mag date tayo, kain tayo sa labas." I said.

Tumango siya. "Aayain naman talaga kitang kumain sa labas e, gusto ko lang munang malaman ang problema mo pero yun pala ang gusto mo?" natatawang tanong niya.

I shook my head. "I am sad because I think you wouldn't like my idea."

He raise his brows. "May inayawan na ba ako na gusto mo?"

"I want to go on a restaurant of my choice and be the one to pay but I don't think you would want me to pay." Diretsong sabi ko sa kanya.

Umiwas siya ng tingin sa akin at tumingin sa mga batang naglalaro.

"Saan mo ba gustong kumain?" he asked, his eyes still fixed on the children, playing.

Staring at him, I answered. "The restaurant where we ate on your birthday. I want to erase the bad memories we had there."