Chapter 5

"Don't say a fucking word."

_
After Potions, I attended all of my other classes I had that day which consisted of Transfiguration, Divination and Charms. Cedric accompanied me in Divination and we had such a laugh. I was really taken with his addictive personality.

It was very difficult to concentrate on broadening your mind and your pulsing aura to achieve being in the beyond, when the person next to you is consistently making jokes and impersonating people.

"Yes, that is it y/n. You must be consistent with your concentration in order to get into the bEYoNd!" Cedric whispered into my ear, impersonating Professor Treylawney.

"Shut up!" I give up and laugh with him. "You're so annoying." I say, giggling as I rest my head on the clothed table.

"The first stage of love is denial." He teases and I kick him under the table.

"I'm so done with you." I sigh exhaustedly and keep my head collapsed against the table.

"You're going to knock the crystal ball off the table if you're not careful, clumsy." He chuckled and I feel him move my hair out of the way before picking the crystal ball up and placing it elsewhere.

I sit back up straight when I heard footsteps approaching our table. "What do we have over here, hmm?" Professor Treylawney asks, clearly very intrigued.

"Well, I was just telling Miss Blackshaw how I can see a ladder which I believe represents luck and opportunity." Cedric begins to say and flicks through his Divination book to see if his assumption is correct. Professor Treylawney listens closely.

"I cannot see anything other than the ladder, so I predict that I will have quite a few opportunities and/or luck in my future. Not bad going, ay?" He nudged my elbow and raises his eyebrows at me.

"Ah, how wonderful! I suspect that there is no harm of you believing such things, dear boy, as you are definitely not far from the truth." She discloses and nods before leaving our table.

Cedric walked with me to lunch. We where both coming from and going to the same place, so it made sense. We talked all the way through Divination and the walk to lunch and I started to realise how much I enjoyed his company.

The second we walked through the huge iron doors and into the Great Hall, I felt someone staring two holes into the side of my head. My eyes scanned the room before landing on him.

He, of course, was sat at the Slytherin table and observing me with hatred filled eyes. The infamous Malfoy scowl edged on his lips. I noted the way he was gripping his fork. Any harder and I'm sure it would snap in two.

I furrowed my eyebrows and stared back at him. Cedric snapped me from my staring by embracing me in a warm hug, that immediately made my muscles soften.

"I'll see you soon, y/n." He smiled, pulling out of the hug and making his way to the Hufflepuff table. I smiled back, then remembering I had a certain someone silently death staring me from behind.

Ignoring him to the best of my ability, as I reached the Gryffindor table and sat down. My back facing the Slytherin table, so I wouldn't have to deal with making angry eye contact with Malfoy. I really didn't want to deal with him again today.