Chapter 24

"And what if I don't want you to stop?"

_
When I approached his door that evening, I gave a small knock and almost immediately after he forced it open, clearly expecting me. I couldn't help but wander my eyes down his long body. Taking the sight of him in and quickly realising he is wearing grey joggers. Oh, Merlin.

My eyes dart back up to his face. His eyes met mine and will a simple nod of his head, he motioned for me to come in.

On entering his room, I notice a small delicate candle lit on his desk. From what I could see, it seemed to be the only source of light illuminating the room. His tall presence behind me quickly made me hurry my pace and make my way over to his desk. Sparing him a small glance over my shoulder, expecting him to follow and he does after shutting the door.

"So, I went to the library after classes today and worked some more on our project." I break the silence and begin to unpack my books and parchment on his desk.

"Mhm." He simply recognises. Strolling over to me, without a word spoken.

Concentrating only on taking my things I need from my satchel because I refuse to look anywhere else. I feel his eyes on me, watching my every move from just a few feet away.

"Show me what you did earlier in the library and I'll see if it is acceptable." He proposed and I began rummaging through my satchel to find the scroll I completed while at the library.

After some time, we are completely toned into our project. A few open debates have occurred but nothing that got out of hand and all related to the topic we were studying.

I have caught him staring at me more times than I can count. Whenever I do, he continues. There is no sense of shame or embarrassment that he was caught. He proceeds to gaze until I smile and turn my head away from him.

Something about him snatches my attention from everyone else. I can't place my finger on it. All I knew was to bury whatever feelings I had for him deep down and try to avoid acknowledging them. Why do I have such difficulty doing so?

He's rude, arrogant, and possessive. Despite all his flaws, he does care for me. He looks out for me and makes me feel out of control of my own body whenever he touches me. The way he looks at me is unforgettable and mesmerising. I know what I'm imagining is so irrational but it's inescapable. He is always on my mind. I simply can't shake him out.

"Y/n?" His raised voice calls my name in an annoyed tone.

"What? Sorry I was just lost in thought for a moment. What did you say?" I apologise and try to move past from my zoning out so it doesn't raise any questions.

"What were you thinking about?" Damn it.

"It's not important." I try to deter him away from perusing an interrogation.

"Tell me." He raises an eyebrow waiting for my response.

"Don't worry about it." I tell him again and look away from him and down at my book. Ignoring the piercing look he was giving me and pretending to read whatever context that was on the open book in front of me.

A sharp aspirated sigh came from him before he spoke in a low voice, "I don't want to ask you again. So, just get it over with and tell me."