Monstrous

In all this time, you never really thought they'd put you in the Maze. This realization comes, of course, just a little too late; they're already strapping you down to activate the Swipe, so your moment of contemplation is on the heels of the very action itself. Still, you weren't wrong to doubt that this would happen. WICKED would never have put you in the Maze normally, but you forced their hand. If you think about it, this is all your fault.

Then again, was it? Was it your fault that you were kidnapped at a young age, taken away from your family for the sole reason that you were immune to a virus that nobody could understand? You did not ask for the experiments, the isolation, the dread of what would happen to you. No one in this world is innocent, but you at least didn't deserve the fate that was forced upon you.

In truth, nobody deserves what you went through. Most of WICKED's test subjects at least got to live facsimiles of normal, human lives while they were waiting for the Maze to be constructed. You know they did, you've been able to hear about the others while you were strapped into an operating room, waiting for your next procedure.

You, on the other hand? You were an entirely different project. WICKED never told you what they envisioned when they created you, but everybody knows the outcome. You can control objects with your mind, thanks to an excess of electromagnetic waves circulating your entire being. If you try hard enough, you can even manipulate other people, although that takes considerably more focus.

WICKED didn't intend to make a superhero, however, they wanted a bioweapon. They can send you into rival enterprises and have you come out unscathed, bearing whatever technology or equipment they were missing. You've been allowed out on several such missions, and although you're not entirely sure how many people you've killed whilst doing so, the number can't be all that low.

You haven't been on a mission in a long time, though. That's because you escaped the last time around. They sent you out with a trainer they trusted to watch your back and take you down if necessary. Turns out your so-called controller was actually an agent of the Right Arm, and the second you left the borders of the WICKED complex he took down the other guards and told you that you were never going back.

It sounded perfect to you. WICKED had been holding back on their more invasive experiments, but you could tell they were frothing at the mouth at the thought of having a new, more exciting lab rat. They'd already taken their share of blood, skin, and bone marrow samples, now they wanted to cut you open and see what happened.

Luckily, your agent of the Right Arm got you out in time. He also taught you how to control your abilities instead of simply using them for destruction, the way WICKED showed you. Thanks to him, you can throw a mean punch without even having to tap at your powers, although you could use those in a heartbeat if you so desired.

You were supposed to be safe after that. No more WICKED, no more experiments, no more life locked away in the white tiled cells. However, if you thought WICKED would give up one of its prize possessions so quickly, you haven't learned a single thing from your time in captivity.

They launched a reconquest attempt soon enough, pinning you and your agent between a rock and a horde of Cranks, so to speak. The two of you were out getting more fuel, and while you were on transit, WICKED Bergs trapped you in the air. Your agent tried to escape, but even his best flying wasn't enough to outgun a half dozen other ships all trying to knock you down.

The last time you saw your agent, he was shot down by WICKED's men. You had used your abilities to take out two or three of their Bergs, but it wasn't enough. The attempt left you exhausted, and WICKED was able to administer a sedative while you were distracted in trying to save your friend.

Now, you're back in the lion's den, more alone than ever thanks to the ghost lurking in your memories. The man who'd saved you was a genuinely good person, and what did his heroics bring him except death?