CHAPTER 3

Chris' POV
October 12th, 2021

We're holding each other while catching our breaths after our intense encounter. I'm definitely not the only one who is sweaty now... her flawless pale skin shines under the lights of my dressing room while she is still straddling me and resting her head on my shoulder. I relish the softness of her skin as I trail my fingers up and down her spine. I could have her in my arms forever and I'd never get tired of the feeling of her. She moves and I open my eyes. Dakota places her hands on each side of my face, looks me in the eyes with a sweet smile and then, kisses me. We softly make out and I feel as if I was drunk. In fact, I am. Drunk in love.

- I cried - she whispers and instantly buries her face on my neck. I can't help but grin widely at her cuteness -

- I was told so... I was even told you were a complete mess - I tease and she immediately leans back to look at me. I start laughing at her bewildered expression and she pats me on the shoulder -

- I was not! - she states with a high-pitched voice that makes me laugh even harder - I just never thought you were going to do that! I was fine but all of the sudden, I was hmm... weeping

- So, that means you were a crying baby? - I tease her again and she responds with a frustrated grunt. Dakota covers her pretty face with both of her hands and I chuckle as I begin to kiss her shoulder and neck while she's still hiding from me - I really meant it, baby. Thank you... for taking me back - I murmur and rapidly have the bluest of eyes staring directly at me. She puts her index finger on my mouth silencing me -

- Sshh! We're not having this conversation... not tonight - she says with her lips near mine before kissing me. I close my eyes as I deliberately move my hands from her waist to her behind and squeeze it. She stops and leans back again to look at me with an amused expression - We should get dressed, leave and finish, whatever you're trying to start here, in the hotel because we can't stay the whole night! - she giggles and I grunt squeezing her backside even harder - Also, my friends must be waiting for us - she adds and I roll my eyes because I don't want to get out of our bubble... I know she's right though. We need to leave.

• • • • •

I put my arm around her shoulders as she leans against me. We are standing by ourselves in the elevator, enjoying the peace and complete silence after the madness outside the theater as we were leaving. I am used to have lots of people around but it feels different when Dakota is with me. I get anxious because I need her safe. We were holding hands as we walked out the door but I rapidly asked Kim to escort her to the car with her friends as I shortly chatted with my fans and signed some autographs. It would had been too distracting and worrying if she had stayed. I want absolutely nothing happening to her because she's everything to me. She is my universe. I peer down at her and she has her eyes closed as she rests her head on my shoulder while I keep her embraced close to my side. I tenderly kiss her forehead and ask her if she's tired.

- I am... Bone-tired! All this traveling this month promoting the movie has been crazy - she murmurs - I also haven't slept well because I wasn't with you. I missed you so much - I smirk as Dakota looks up at me and puckers her lips. I give her a swift peck - On top of that... you have given me no rest since I got here - she raises her eyebrow and I burst into laughter. My sassy girl. I hold her jaw firmly and take her bottom lip between my teeth. She moans and the sound travels directly to my groin -

- Do... not... tease... me - I say as I plant swift kisses on her alluring mouth between each word - ...or you won't get any sleep tonight either

We enter our hotel room and she rapidly takes all of her clothes off while I unashamedly enjoy the view. She goes straight to the shower and I follow her naked figure with my eyes. God! I'd really love to get in with her but lately, I am in so much need of her that I prefer to leave her alone. If I join Dakota, I know how things would end and she needs to rest. Besides, I'm exhausted as well. I slowly walk to the balcony as I hear the water starting to run in the bathroom. I take my beanie, sweatshirt and sneakers off and sit back on the chaise longue. I take a deep breath as I look at the starry London night and think of what she just said while we were in the elevator. I also haven't slept well because I wasn't with you. I missed you so much.

These past weeks were a nightmare. I was hopeless without her but now, I feel like myself again. It never ceases to amaze me how her presence changes everything and having her by my side has made it all instantly better. I've felt like this since we met because I've always believed she's my missing piece and I was lucky enough to find her in this life. Days after we first spoke at the party, I couldn't get her out of my head. There was an endless replaying of our conversation in my mind and I was honestly obsessed with the instant chemistry between us.

I was constantly questioning myself if I had been wasting my time trying to create a special bond with Anabelle for months when it actually felt so natural with Dakota. I was so easily and strongly attracted to her after a single talk. All I could think about was being free to pursuit Dakota but at the same time, I wasn't comfortable leaving Bells all of the sudden even though our relationship was not at its best moment. I was afraid of being temporarily enchanted by my blue-eyed goddess and needed advice. I remember my friend Nacho's stunned reaction to my desperation.

- I honestly don't recognize you. You sound like a mad man! - he jokes but I can hear the disbelief in his voice - Are you sure, Chris? You have put so much effort into your relationship with Anabelle. I guess even Gwyneth and the kids are getting used to her and now you just want to risk it all and end everything after speaking to a hot girl once

- You don't understand. I am not like... horny for her

- Aren't you? - he interrupts me and I laugh in response because he knows me too well. Of course I've dreamt of having her in my bed. That's a given -

- Shut the fuck up, you idiot! I am but that's not the point - I say trying to sound serious but failing as I cannot hold my laughter - I tried to save my marriage for years and had to endure things I am not up to again. You just said it, I have been putting effort into making things work but I just want to be happy, naturally and effortlessly happy. I deserve it, I think

- You do deserve it. Do you think this girl can make you happy? How can you be so sure?

- Sure? I'm not sure. The only thing I do know is that I was happier speaking to her than I've been in years - I confess and Nacho is speechless by what I'm telling him - I haven't felt so free, understood and... myself... as I was that night while I was talking to her. I have no clue if this is actually going to work. Maybe it'll just be an affair or hopefully we'll get into a long-term relationship, who knows? I honestly don't but whatever it is, I want to live it!

- Well, well, well... that girl is truly something else if she's got you thinking that way

- She's got me obsessed with her, man - I state as I run my fingers through my hair while I hold the phone with the other one - I'm taking this risk. We've only got this life.

- You've decided already, then. Of course I am with you. Follow your heart! - he encourages me and I smile - Do you have the girl's number or something? How are you reaching her?

- I don't but I know who to ask for it - I utter. She is friends with Kate and Hudson will give me her number without even thinking twice -

- What's her name? I definitely have to start calling her by her name because she'll possibly be our... wanna say... acquaintance, soon? - I chuckle and I shake my head. I wish. I really do -

- Dakota... her name is Dakota Johnson.