CHAPTER 25

Dakota's POV
December 28th, 2021

- This place is dope - Apple says turning to look at us, we are still in the entrance while she has already entered the house we have rented in Tulum to spend the holidays at - I'll go upstairs to be the first one picking rooms - she announces changing her little purse from her right shoulder to her left then putting her sunglasses on her head -

- No, you won't! I'll go first! - Momo mumbles in a whinny tone -

- Catch me - she utters rising her eyebrow and sprints upstairs while Moses follows her. I smile and shake my head at their silliness. Chris, who has been standing beside me, puts his arm around my neck and brings me closer to plant a soft kiss on my temple -

- Do you like the house? - I look up at him and he's staring down at me with adoration in his deep blue eyes -

- It looks amazing, baby

- I'm looking forward to spending these days with you. I have everything I need here: my kids... - he leans and tenderly kisses me - and my universe

I smile at him feeling like I am intoxicated...completely intoxicated with love. He tells me he's going behind his children to make clear that the main room with a seaview and hot tub is out of discussion because that one is ours. While our staff is getting our luggage inside, I walk through the slide doors to the backyard where there's a giant pool. I am honestly more excited about going to the beach though.

These last couple of weeks have been madness for us and I just want to fully relax. I have been traveling nonstop doing promo for The Lost Daughter going from New York to Paris to London and back to New York in the same fucking week. I don't know what jet lag is anymore. I have been waking up in a country and going to sleep in another one day after day. Chris is also worn-out after so much press to promote his new released album and upcoming tour which is the other reason why we truly needed this escapade to Mexico. He'll be gone for months when the World Tour begins and this is kind of a farewell even though both of us have already been looking through our agendas and had planned a reunion at least once a month. We are going to stay here for a week celebrating New Year's Eve and welcoming 2022 to come back to our new house in Malibu which has already been accommodated so we can start living in it.

I think this is the first year we haven't run-away to Aspen, we just traveled after celebrating Christmas' Eve with the Faltrows and it was full of merry memories. Gwyneth was impeccable hosting the family get-together making it very traditional.

We played games near the fireplace, hanged our Christmas stockings, placed gifts under the tree and of course, what will never be missing in our musical household, a lot of singing around the piano which was principally lead by Chris and Moses who...

We played games near the fireplace, hanged our Christmas stockings, placed gifts under the tree and of course, what will never be missing in our musical household, a lot of singing around the piano which was principally lead by Chris and Moses who is starting to follow his father's steps. This will be the fifth Christmas we have spent together. One of the things we discovered we had in common early on our relationship was that our favorite holiday is Christmas so we always make a big deal out of it. I am reminded of the first New Year's Eve we celebrated together after going to see him in concert in Argentina, then traveling to Israel for Nick Cave's concert and Chris taking me for a romantic adventure to Paris on early December. I then decided to invite him to Aspen where my family was brought together as every year so it was the perfect timing to introduce him to my mother and siblings.